Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Utility Items!

Rafarix

As title says I would like to see perhaps utility base items in game that any warframe can use somewhat similar to artifacts. 

How they work: They can be either brought or found and built in foundry. You can only equip one utility item at a time. They can be pulled out with and put away by pushing the utility button (tab for example). 

Here are some utility item ideas.

Grappling hook

Range: 30 meters

Description: Grabs on a solid surface to either swing or pull to the area. Can still shoot weapons freely while in use.

Controls:

1) Push utility button to pull item out. Push again to put away if not grappled on to anything.

2) When latched on something push utility button again to pull yourself to object. Push utility button once while being pulled to stop being pulled.

3) Players can use it as a swing instead if they do not push utility button to trigger the pull.

4) Double tap utility button to release grappling hook.

Zip Line

Range: 50 meters

Description: Creates a makeshift zip line usable to all player will disappear after 45 seconds. Cannot disappear while player is using. Making another zip line will remove the previous one, cannot redeploy if a player is using previous one, but can redeploy if enemies are using it. Players can shoot freely while using the zip line.

Combat Shield

Description: Deploys a combat shield similar to Shield lancers. User can only use side arm while combat shield is being deployed. User can also perform shield lancer moves ie bash and charge.

Controls:

1) Push utility button to pull item out. Push again to put away.

2) When deployed Right click becomes shield bash instead of zoom.

3) Sprinting while deployed will cause a shield charge and knock down one enemy if it makes contact to them.

Jet Boots

Description: Always active, allows a double jump and hover for about 15 seconds. Grants slow fall when hover ends and still on. User can shoot freely when in use.

Controls:

1) Tap jump button again when you perform first jump to double jump.

2) Hold jump button to hover/slow fall.

Energy Overload - By BoompigXD
Description: Channel your energy into your Warframe to have it go berserk increasing movement speed dramatically and making the Warframe INVINCIBLE. Melee only when using this. 10 - 20 energy depletes per second
Controls:
Press the Utility button
Hitting shoot will melee.

Give me your thoughts on it. Like it? Hate it? Or maybe you have some other utility item ideas. Don't forget be constructive! 

Edit: added some controls to better explain how they work, adding a poster suggestion to first post.

Edited by Rafarix

Speaking of zip lines, the grineer marines can actually use them :O

These items would be really neat as temp items in specific tile sets. Like maybe the new outdoor grineer planets can have some obsticles that can only be crossed with stuff like grapple hooks and they just put them in the level for you to use.

Here's my idea for one

Energy Overload:

Description: Channel your energy into your Warframe to have it go berserk increasing movement speed dramatically and making the Warframe INVINCIBLE. Melee only when using this. 1 energy depletes per second

Controls:

Press the Utility button

I like this idea but i think the zipline could possibly a troll move if making another one removes the previous one

Hmm you have a point, then I'll put down that it cannot be redeployed while a player is using it, but can be redeployed if the enemy is.

Here's my idea for one

Energy Overload:

Description: Channel your energy into your Warframe to have it go berserk increasing movement speed dramatically and making the Warframe INVINCIBLE. Melee only when using this. 1 energy depletes per second

Controls:

Press the Utility button

I like the idea, but maybe increase the cost since a team of 4 with energy siphon can keep energy up faster then it'll drain. I'll add your idea to my first post if you don't mind.

Edited by Rafarix

Hmm you have a point, then I'll put down that it cannot be redeployed while a player is using it, but can be redeployed if the enemy is.

I like the idea, but maybe increase the cost since a team of 4 with energy siphon can keep energy up faster then it'll drain. I'll add your idea to my first post if you don't mind.

I think the costs schould be somewere around 10 - 20 energy/sec so you cant just go berserk the wohle time.

Maybe also add increase melee damage by 25 - 50% so you can still kill things 50<

Edited by Darkuhn

Love these ideas except for the Energy OVerload. Nothing against the idea, I love it, but...

Berzerker Warframe...this would be its 'thing'.

Thats my only reason really to dislike any of them.

Other than that, great work, have an upvote.