The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker OP in certain situations?

Legionaire_Sprinkles

Look I love what DE has done, loved that they gave Stalker an upgrade so he isn't complete weaksauce lategame and its cool that as you fight sentients they gain resistances to what you are using as you fight but isn't it a tad excessive? I get it, you want players to diversify their loadouts with different types of damage to be able to respond to situations but when I have a different elements on each of my 3 weapons, each have a different physical focus and have swapped between weapons throughout the fight; but when the Stalker now has gained like 95% damage resist to everything I have he is now in God mode and I just have to accept death or quit. How is that fair or balanced? It seems they only want to Stalker to die through either excessive damage per shot or have a squad. I get it Warframe is coop focused but really? Why is the Stalker this completely broken enemy who I can do nothing against beside I didn't 3 shot him with a main endgame weapon?

This is venting due to the several times now Ive been invaded by Stalker and majority of the time having him go into God mode where I can't even scratch a 4th of his shield. Just please oh please revisit the balance of the Stalker. He isn't fun to play against, he's this annoying troll God mode cheap kill nuisance.

Truthfully the answer is yes. As an entity that spawns at complete random, having shields and invulnerability phases to allow said shields to regenerate in addition to extreme damage resistance is completely broken.

At least with Sentients, if you can avoid getting blasted by them, every bullet counts. Even when they're fully resisting the weapon, you're scratching single digit numbers against finite health - and those are units you know exist and will attack on their respective nodes.

The stalker has none of those graces. Shield means that you have to do a certain amount of damage before you're making a lasting mark - between invulnerability periods - and you can't simply avoid his spawning nodes while you're not using a loadout that can combat the damage resistances. There's a failure state completely independent of player action; no matter how skilled you are at fighting, you can be in an impossible to win scenario.

That's good as lore (assassin targeting you at your least prepared), but terrible as game design.

To each their own I suppose.  I feel the stalker and any of the multiple main three assassins should be much stronger.  I think the syndicates should also get a bit of a buff.  They are there to kill you, not to insta-die so you can get free loot.  If I see the message on my screen I should think to myself "oh crap i'm gonna die now" and if I don't then heck yeah I earned whatever blueprint gets dropped.  As it currently stands you win 99% of the time and if you are unlucky to be grinding low level weapons and no end game stuff then well I guess you are just dead.   I miss the old stalker.  The one that could show up with a friggin bow and just one shot you and then goes away like "I did that".  The new stalker just annoys you while slowly killing you or slowly getting killed one or the other.  I'd like to see the frequency turned up greatly on the other assassins as well.  Haven't seen the dogs or the trio in a really long time though I stay "marked". 

So basically, in summary, make them one shotters and much harder with a dread prime or something similar and restore the greatness that once was IMHO.

@OP I believe as stalker and sentients gain resistance to specific physical and element combos, they are overwritten by others. As a quick fix, try to use weapons with high burst dmg initially and finish him off with dps weapons. That is currently the guaranteed way to deal with sentient type resistance.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

7 hours ago, fakeBOSHI said:

@OP I believe as stalker and sentients gain resistance to specific physical and element combos, they are overwritten by others. As a quick fix, try to use weapons with high burst dmg initially and finish him off with dps weapons. That is currently the guaranteed way to deal with sentient type resistance.

I understand completely that burst damage weapons completely cripple them but should that really be the only thing to really kill him? I want him to be powerful but he is quite honestly broken when he reaches a state of Godhood with his ridiculous damage resistances.

8 hours ago, (XB1)Ugzilla said:

I'm gonna try not to sound like a #$&(%, but you'll just have to find the build that works for you. My Gas/Cold Aksomati wrecks Stalker/Sentients without switching to another weapon

Oh I have builds that can kill him quite easily but its when these instances happen where the balance of him as an enemy is just so blatantly flawed. Thats why I said certain situations. I want the Stalker to be a menace, not a-  "Why are you in a Godmode?" -Stalker: "F*** you thats how"

7 hours ago, (PS4)bhetz said:

To each their own I suppose.  I feel the stalker and any of the multiple main three assassins should be much stronger.  I think the syndicates should also get a bit of a buff.  They are there to kill you, not to insta-die so you can get free loot.  If I see the message on my screen I should think to myself "oh crap i'm gonna die now" and if I don't then heck yeah I earned whatever blueprint gets dropped.  As it currently stands you win 99% of the time and if you are unlucky to be grinding low level weapons and no end game stuff then well I guess you are just dead.   I miss the old stalker.  The one that could show up with a friggin bow and just one shot you and then goes away like "I did that".  The new stalker just annoys you while slowly killing you or slowly getting killed one or the other.  I'd like to see the frequency turned up greatly on the other assassins as well.  Haven't seen the dogs or the trio in a really long time though I stay "marked". 

So basically, in summary, make them one shotters and much harder with a dread prime or something similar and restore the greatness that once was IMHO.

I want the Stalker and the other invasion enemies to be difficult special enemies but having one shotting enemies spawning is just horrible game design and not fun. There's nothing fun about broken nothing you can do cheap mechanics. And as the Shadow Stalker stands, he's that. A cheap enemy where DE's combat relies mostly being a numbers game. DE needs to fix enemies and their approach to difficulty. Bumping up numbers isnt difficulty raising, thats a cheap power creep against a player