The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Maim + Peaceful Provocation

JCSantos

Question

For the love of God, can someone help me out here? I have no idea how to build Equinox. I already changed builds like three times. For a Maim build, I know that I need Range, Strength and Duration. But what mods should I use? Is Overextended worth it considering the Strength penalty? How much duration do I need? Is Blind Rage worth the energy consuption penalty?

For the Peaceful Provocation build, I have no clue what to use. If someone could enlighten me I would appreciate it.

PS: No Primed Continuity.

5 answers to this question

highrangeequinou7if8jlozg.png

-> High range Equinox build with Peaceful Provocation
This first build could have some energy problems sometimes due to a low energy cap and not perfect efficiency.

balancedequinoxcuswky82pe.png

-> Balanced Equinox build with Peaceful Provocation
This build is more energy efficient than the first one and also has a more powerfull effect on Peaceful Provocation, but a lot less range.

Edited by Feyangol

I only use overextended+stretch when I am playing against low level enemies and am just looking to wipe everything out a couple rooms in advance. The extra range is also good if you are looking for rare containers/medallions and need to break all containers in a room.

Unfortunately I am on console and we do not have the augments yet so i cannot speak for their use yet.

I found that the extra drain from Blind Rage used up my energy way too fast for how fast the enemies were dying. I tend to use maim to kill off the minion enemies (lancers, crewmen) while the slash-stun to open up the heavy enemies for a blast from my vaykor hek (or any other weapon).

As for mods: Streamline, Maxed Fleeting Expertise, Stretch, Intensify, (P) Flow, (P) Continuity, Transient Fortitude, Vitality, with Corrosive Projection as an aura. I do not have the exilus slot unlock yet so you can use either power drift or a parkour mod. Feel free to swap out either Trans. Fort. or Intensify for the augment.

Mend and Maim does not need strength to operate. This is what makes it such an excellent late game skill. This is the build I go with for a Mend and Maim focused build. You want to focus range with some duration to get the cost per second as low as possible. I added Intensify so that Rage still has some use with a 35% damage increase. Both it and Rest still benefit from the huge range allowing you to put entire mobs to sleep. I put Flow in there, but it's probably not necessary so you could replace it with more duration or a mod of your choice. 

http://goo.gl/5gKIVJ

As for Peaceful Provocation I use AGGP's build which is quite solid. 

maim doesnt need power strength. it is not affected by it except for the initial slash procs which do no damage anyways. for maim use max range (cunning drift, stretch, and overextended) and efficiency (streamline, fleeting expertise.) then you can compensate for overextended if you want, but dont focus on power strength

as for peaceful provocation, you want again max efficiency but not max range. go stretch and cunning drift, then use transient fortitude and intensify to almost hit the slow cap

9 hours ago, JCSantos said:

For the love of God, can someone help me out here? I have no idea how to build Equinox. I already changed builds like three times. For a Maim build, I know that I need Range, Strength and Duration. But what mods should I use? Is Overextended worth it considering the Strength penalty? How much duration do I need? Is Blind Rage worth the energy consuption penalty?

For the Peaceful Provocation build, I have no clue what to use. If someone could enlighten me I would appreciate it.

PS: No Primed Continuity.

Maim has two instances of damage. The first occurs when an enemy enters the area of effect, at which point it is stunned for 2 seconds, suffers an initial Slash damage and subsequently suffers from Bleeding status effect based on the initial Slash damage. This first part is affected by Power Strength and does not diminish with distance (from Equinox).

Then, whenever an enemy dies while within Maim's area of effect, up to 75% of it's maximum health at the time of death is stored while Maim remains channeled. Upon disabling Maim, through any means including deactivating it manually, entering a Nullifier Bubble, entering the Bleed Out state or entering an out-of-bounds area, the total stored damage is released as Slash damage to all enemies within Maim's area of effect, diminishing the further away the enemy is from Equinox. Neither the health stored or cumulated Slash damage is affected by Power Strength.

Hence, taking these into consideration, a pure Mend & Maim build will prioritise Power Range in order to maximise more damage to nearby enemies (and heal faraway allies). Then, as Energy drain of Mend & Maim are affected by Power Duration and Efficiency, one typically tries to maximise both, with preference to high Efficiency. All these can be at the expense of Power Strength since it plays a minimal role in the build.

An example non-Forma build

As for Peaceful Provocation, the linked video guide above is a balanced build and explains the mechanics of the Augment and associated Power. Just keep in mind that those jackCLEM Grineer Ballistas (with Enhanced Physical or Elemental damage) will still one-shot you from across the planet.

Edited by Ojimaru