The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I wait to use my keys?

O-Castitatis-Lilium

Question

After burning through almost all of my keys to get these prime parts, I am wondering if I should save what keys I have left and see if the drop rate changes or something. 

I am trying to get saryn prime, nikana prime and spira prime from the void...but they just never seem to drop and I have over 8 lex prime barrels that I don't need. These parts don't seem to want to drop so I'm wondering if I should save my keys for later?

Edited by O-Castitatis-Lilium

3 answers to this question

If by later you mean one or even two Prime release cycles (3 to 6 months) then sure that's a valid approach.  Things do get shuffled around and changed from uncommon to common but they only mess with the drop tables when they release a new set of prime stuff.

Look at older primes like Loki as an example, he's a lot easier to get now than on release.  But it took a long time for that to happen.

It's not like DE is going to decide to remove certain keys from the game forever (hopefully), so you can always get new ones (excavation, survival, defence all drop these) if you do burn through them too fast. If you're farming for something in particular (or just repeating one void mission over and over), it's really great to keyshare with others so you get a higher chance to witness RNGesus actually being nice for once. Keysharing is basically the best option. Or finding really generous people with spare keys to donate to your cause :)!

Edited by Ratkinzluver33
typo