Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I do not like the direction this game is taking.

Flirk2

I can definitely see how soloing a high level mission or endgame misson like sorties can be difficult, thats why you dont do it alone in my opinion. In regards to scaling up missons intended for new players in an attempt to appeal to more experienced players (I assume thats DEs goal), I dont see the problem. Yes, these players might struggle at parts, but like many videogames, hell like most instances in life, you leave, recalibrate your loadout and/or perspective then give it another try. Kids nowadays are doing calculus in grade school, something i wasnt offered until high school, but theyre doing it just fine. I havent heard any complaints from the dozen or so new players I play with about missions being too hard. I do all the sorties, they seem fine but i play with teammates.

34 minutes ago, (XB1)Cursed Birth said:

I dont see the problem. Yes, these players might struggle at parts, but like many videogames, hell like most instances in life, you leave, recalibrate your loadout and/or perspective then give it another try.

I wonder why do I even bother at this point.

There was not a problem with the loadout. I had to take assault rifle only because that was the mission condition and I took a quanta that did about 4k viral and about 1.5k electric damage. It murdered everything short of oxium osprays and bursa in seconds. And even oxium osprays needed just about half a clip on that level.

Did you miss the part where I show how many bursa spawned before I had the option to turn the alarms off?

And do you really think that it's OK when you have to use all your ammo pool on one enemy. With a weapon which ammo economy is rivaled by Opticor alone? I suppose I could have went and kill everything that was not a bursa and then spend 3 hours and all my ammo restores to kill 10 or 20 bursa. Because that would be fun would it not?

For the record I did the Corpus sortie before it ticked over to today's Infested missions and got to experience the Infinite Bursa bug myself! In the assault-rifle only exterminate mission, which did a lot to counter my usual stab-them-in-the-back style.

Still cleared the mission anyway. I let the Bursas do whatever while I worked on killing off all the additional Corpus units, then slowly worked on knocking the Bursas down with my suboptimal rifle (and a little bit of Artemis Bow, despite the 40% power strength on my Ivara build, when I ran dry of ammo).

Sounds awfully similar to what you did. It's amazing how a little perspective can change the outcome. Worked fine for me, and my rifle is in dire need of some Forma love to actually reach truly competitive levels. Bless my poor little Amprex.

Oh, and for the record, sources suggest that the Tonkor wouldn't actually have helped you much at all - the hit location for explosions on a Bursa doesn't seem to be their actual weak spot (probably the ~60% resistant frontal exposure), judging by someone posting in another thread. You made a better decision using the Quanta, since you can aim its damage at least.