Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afk Players During Defense Becoming More And More Common.

ProfessorMeeseeks

This really needs to be dealt with. Why would people join a defense mission, or any mission at that, and go afk? The answer is for the reward. They don't want to do the work to get it. Therefore they just sit there and let everyone else do it. We need a way to counter this. Possibly a vote kick system, or an auto kick system that kicks players who have not moved or pressed any keys for a certain amount of time. I'd say 2 minutes is more then enough time. Once they have been AFK for the 2 minutes, they would be kicked and lose all progress. No experience, no modules, no resources, no credits, no nothing. If the offense is repeated several times then it could be reportable for disrupting gameplay. Maybe resulting in a 12 hour lockout from their account? These are just a few suggestions I have that may fix this problem. I understand that people need to step away in the middle of a fight for a few minutes, but at least exit the match so other players are not punished. Maybe make it so when set to solo, you can go AFK with no consequences?

Would love to hear other players' suggestions, thoughts, and ideas on this subject. I for one have seen it becoming more common in the past week. With it becoming more and more common, this needs to be dealt with before it gets out of control.

Edit: Fixed grammatical mistake.

Edited by ikillyou1990

They can't even get the reward because of Extraction Timer and you can't even DO defense missions with a AFK player because you need all four players to start.

They go afk on the cryopod, expecting everyone to protect them. They also come back to continue fighting and then leave again. I have seen it multiple times in other missions as well. They are basically freeloading.

I like this idea. This eliminates the trolling argument for vote kick, but is still helpful to the players.

This is used in so many games that I am surprised it is not already implemented into Warframe. Auto-kicking and/auto log-out is great for keeping servers under control and not bogged with AFK players.

What if someone needed to pee...?

That's why it wouldn't kick until after a certain amount of time of being afk. I don't think two minutes is an unreasonable amount of time for one to be able to get up, go to the bathroom, and come back.

Edited by RyojinOrion

If a people need to go to the duty only is not problematic if before ask others to wait him/her. I also saw some people who just went to afk and sit and 1-2 do the mission hard. I also hate runners who think time is money in this game more mission and more reward but they forgot the much loot which can help to them later times. The idea is good to stop the afk players or report their account but the fair maybe a vote system after 5 min automatic begin and after 2 min if not do anything then kicked out from party. Who not like this game don't play.

That's why it wouldn't kick until after a certain amount of time of being afk. I don't think two minutes is an unreasonable amount of time for one to be able to get up, go to the bathroom, and come back.

Dude, it takes me at least two minutes to go to the bathroom/get some water for myself. I think 5 minutes would be a fair AFK timer.

Vote kick can always be abused. Idle kick is traditionally circumvented with stuff like autohotkey or weighing down the W or crouch key. Even reporting may be difficult to verify and is definitely open to abuse. I don't know exactly what DE tracks server-side.

AFK people in defense missions annoy me too.

bathroom is a bad excuse. can be done before or after the mission.

in another game, a duo mode, person was afk and I did it all. after mission, he claimed there was a fire in the kitchen.... /facepalm. People can't prioritize game vs bathroom or game vs cooking.... /facepalm. I say, keep the timer short (2 minutes maximum). make them learn to prioritize. no excuses

Bathroom might not be the best excuse, but it is still valid. Sure, you could go before the mission, but missions can be long and you might not feel the need to go before the mission but feel the need during the mission.

I make sure I don't have to use the bathroom before defense missions, and I have had to take a short break in some of them in order to use the bathroom because the mission was taking so long. And no, it wasn't taking long because we weren't good players, so don't try to just tell me that I need to be better; it was taking so long because the enemies weren't spawning properly. There were very long periods of time between spawn groups in a single wave, and it made the affected missions take anywhere from half an hour to an hour and a half.

Dude, it takes me at least two minutes to go to the bathroom/get some water for myself. I think 5 minutes would be a fair AFK timer.

Fair enough, five minutes can work as well.

Idle kick is traditionally circumvented with stuff like autohotkey or weighing down the W or crouch key. Even reporting may be difficult to verify and is definitely open to abuse. I don't know exactly what DE tracks server-side.

Perhaps if they added a way to detect when there is no variety to the button press(es)? I know a few other games that have implemented such things, so you can't just hold down W or Ctrl to get around being registered as AFK. You'd have to actually hit other buttons as well.

Edited by RyojinOrion

If afk players bother you, try out a mag warframe, it has a great first Skill for moving players away from the core or down from a ledge. Or a Loki and switch teleport. It might help them to stay active

Edited by OeRabbit

If afk players bother you, try out a mag warframe, it has a great first Skill for moving players away from the core or down from a ledge. Or a Loki and switch teleport. It might help them to stay active

People shouldn't have to stop using their favorite frame(s) because of idiot jerkwads like the people who join a defense mission just to afk it.

One guy posted a thread where he found two control mods from the containers in the defense mission and unfortunately one guy was AFK but a Mag saved them from losing the control mods, BUT it turns out that the AFK guy didn't need any of the materials and was trying to get the other people to leave.

We desperately need a kick option if that is going to happen.

Was doing Xini and this dude was afk and had a macro going to jump every 10-15 seconds. Of course he was at extraction and the game didn't even start. So, people kept leaving and people kept joining. I ended up joining that afkers game twice. How annoying.

this game used to have afk kick, it happened to me before:

"you've been kicked for not participating?" something like that

for some reason they took it out the game I guess. Personally, I wasn't upset to be afk kicked, it was just a reminder to contribute.

Seriously starting to think that devs are just stupid...

this game used to have afk kick, it happened to me before:

"you've been kicked for not participating?" something like that

for some reason they took it out the game I guess. Personally, I wasn't upset to be afk kicked, it was just a reminder to contribute.

Seriously starting to think that devs are just stupid...

They are going to ruin their own masterpiece with such silly decisions...

Like removing mod beacons, saved loadouts, seeing mods through walls and such...

They are going to ruin their own masterpiece with such silly decisions...

Like removing mod beacons, saved loadouts, seeing mods through walls and such...

removing mod beacons has been thier dumbest move so far. why do they except all four players to be in the exact same place and time. seems irrational..