Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Actual Friendly Npcs That Do Something

Psychotoxin

you know when in def missions every fifth wave supposedly has an extraction team ready?
but you never see them. it would be a nice touch to put in at least 2-3 low level dudes who would either take care of the target, or just be there to assist on the next 5 waves. but not that they would actually kill something, otherwise some people will get angry.

imagine this:

it`s wave 5 on whatever def mission you are doing. you kill the last guy. in comes the extraction squad. you refuse to leave, and the next wave starts. the extraction team either leaves you to clean up again, or tries to protect the object (badly) and dies in a couple of seconds. 

of course, this is purely aesthetic, since they won`t do any real damage to the enemy, but it would be a bit more immersive...

also they could make the rescue target shoot his/her gun once in a while, otherwise it looks silly...

what are your thoughts about this?

you know when in def missions every fifth wave supposedly has an extraction team ready?

but you never see them. it would be a nice touch to put in at least 2-3 low level dudes who would either take care of the target, or just be there to assist on the next 5 waves. but not that they would actually kill something, otherwise some people will get angry.

imagine this:

it`s wave 5 on whatever def mission you are doing. you kill the last guy. in comes the extraction squad. you refuse to leave, and the next wave starts. the extraction team either leaves you to clean up again, or tries to protect the object (badly) and dies in a couple of seconds. 

of course, this is purely aesthetic, since they won`t do any real damage to the enemy, but it would be a bit more immersive...

also they could make the rescue target shoot his/her gun once in a while, otherwise it looks silly...

what are your thoughts about this?

I see what you're getting at, but it wouldn't fit very well, IMO. I mean, if the extraction team can't cover the defenses on their own, why would you ever want to leave and ruin the "point" (For a lack of a better word) of the defense missions?

Edited by RyojinOrion

I see what you're getting at, but it wouldn't fit very well, IMO. I mean, if the extraction team can't cover the defenses on their own, why would you ever want to leave and ruin the "point" (For a lack of a better word) of the defense missions?

i see what you`re getting at... like - you leave for HQ, and 2 minutes later - whoop! we lost the cryopod/generator..

but this is just an aesthetical thing, and probably isn`t gonna get much attention... :D