Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revert The Slide Cooldown Please :] Here's Why

Pourvoir

1. I'm still going to rush just like everyone else, it will just be slower which is less fun.

2. A loot based game just became way less efficient (that's the opposite way you want to go)

3. If people want to sit there and clear everything then they should be doing that with their friends; I'll play defense or exterminate if I just want to kill things.

4. It feels like we have less control over our characters now.  I used to be able to fluidly get out of about to be sticky situations.  

5. If it was to address this.... exploit? ( 

) then they should have dealt with that issue without causing a huge hindrance to our mobility.

6. Most importantly.... I DON'T FEEL LIKE A SPACE NINJA ANYMORE! 

Space ninjas are really cool and I honestly haven't felt like one all day and it sucks!  Having a neat mechanic that was VERY versatile added a LOT to the game.  That depth is the reason games like this are so fun to play and have a community that will be devoted to them for a long time.  I see people complaining about it and the only thing I can honestly think of is that they must not have been good at doing the slide combo because none of my friends EVER complained about not being slower.  Instead of complaining about it to get nerfed they should  be inspired to get better at it and improve themselves as a player like gamers used to have to do.  I think we all miss those days.  

If a player wants to go through a level slowly and kill everything that's great, but it shouldn't be forced on other players, and regardless it isn't going to stop players from rushing.  That's a niche way of playing this game.  Warframe is a game based on farming much like the Diablo series, Path of Exile, and Monster Hunter.  Not one of those games is a game where I've tried to kill every enemy in an area, it's just not efficient farming.  I'm sure a lot of people will give me grief for saying this is a farming based game but... it is and there is nothing wrong with that because it is a lot of fun to farm in warframe.  However, this slide cooldown has really decreased the quality of life in the game. I've always felt like I've had a pretty good amount of control over my character (besides when trying to wall run cause sometimes I'll just go straight up even approaching from the side).  

Hopefully we can get this changed and they can find a different way to get rid of the exploit that I posted in the video without hurting one of the huge things that makes of feel like space ninjas!

if the game allows it, it is assumed by many to be the correct way.

idiots who are dead set on bypassing content will do it regardless.

these nerfs are for people who dont know any better and think they are doing the right thing.

Edited by MetalGerbil

6. Most importantly.... I DON'T FEEL LIKE A SPACE NINJA ANYMORE! 

This statement coincides with my current feeling as well.  With the limitations of the keyboard of my gaming laptop, I was unable to perform that trick with any ease at all.  Still...seeing it done by others really made me think NINJA more than any other maneuver in the game so far.  A very awesome ninja move that would be great to see back in the game.

• 1 month later...

This statement coincides with my current feeling as well.  With the limitations of the keyboard of my gaming laptop, I was unable to perform that trick with any ease at all.  Still...seeing it done by others really made me think NINJA more than any other maneuver in the game so far.  A very awesome ninja move that would be great to see back in the game.

agree