Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Play-Throughs

(PSN)ShiroPhyla

Just now, (PS4)AngelShur said:

Hello, welcome to the forums? 

If you're recruiting a squad, please use the proper sub-forum! ?

Happy Hunting, Tenno!

I'm not sure. I'm newb to forums and this website. I found a post of someone asking for someone to play with a few days ago, so I'm putting this out there for new people "saying hi" sorry if it's wrong channel xD

This isn't wrong, it's about interpretation. Cuz I think your post is being misunderstood. You're introducing your service of willing to help new players out. You're not actively recruiting a squad for a certain mission. 

Since this is a form of introduction and your target audience is here (new players) I'd say there is nothing much wrong with the location of this post

1 hour ago, (PS4)ShiroPhyla said:

I'm not sure. I'm newb to forums and this website. I found a post of someone asking for someone to play with a few days ago, so I'm putting this out there for new people "saying hi" sorry if it's wrong channel xD

Alright, welcome to the forums!! No need to worry it has no 'penalty' to this. ? ? I suggest you throw it in the Players Helping Players.. Or when I'm home I'll have it migrate yeah. 

1 hour ago, InglriousB said:

This isn't wrong, it's about interpretation. Cuz I think your post is being misunderstood. You're introducing your service of willing to help new players out. You're not actively recruiting a squad for a certain mission. 

Since this is a form of introduction and your target audience is here (new players) I'd say there is nothing much wrong with the location of this post

I don't see what can be misinterpreted with Introduction and Offer new players help. ? This sub is still a Intro sub... If doubting please re-read the every sub-forum's first thread for an example of the posting or starting a thread....  Thanks for your help! ?

15 minutes ago, (PS4)AngelShur said:

I don't see what can be misinterpreted with Introduction and Offer new players help. ? This sub is still a Intro sub... If doubting please re-read the every sub-forum's first thread for an example of the posting or starting a thread....  Thanks for your help! ?

"Welcome to Warframe - say hi!"

"Post here to get help from our community!" 

"Looking to team up for one mission? Find players here!"

That's the description of the introductions, players helping players and recruiting respectively. 

Now let's examine what this post is by defining it. 

"Interested in doing closed-party play-throughs, teaching new players the game, and helping with other things.

So long as you're not a fun-killing, game-breaking, "meta" durp, hit me up ^.^"

The post itself introduces his service of helping new players with a play-through. 

Now, as we see this post is more or less a hybrid post. It's both aimed to help players and introduce itself. 

Now given the description of players helping players, it can be assumed that this section is to request for help only. Introductions on the other hand shows that you can say hi and with this he makes his service say hi in a matter of speaking. 

Now I would personally say that this befits players helping players, maybe, a little better. Still if we look at " looking for players for one mission" which is in the description of recruitment, this clearly doesn't fit that. As this post does not aim for one mission  but a guided play-through consisting of several missions. 

Therefor I say that the assumption that this belongs in recruitment is a wrong one and there a misinterpretation of the post. If you would have said players helping players I would have agreed, but it doesn't fit recruitment. 

1 hour ago, InglriousB said:

"Welcome to Warframe - say hi!"

"Post here to get help from our community!" 

"Looking to team up for one mission? Find players here!"

That's the description of the introductions, players helping players and recruiting respectively. 

Now let's examine what this post is by defining it. 

"Interested in doing closed-party play-throughs, teaching new players the game, and helping with other things.

So long as you're not a fun-killing, game-breaking, "meta" durp, hit me up ^.^"

The post itself introduces his service of helping new players with a play-through. 

Now, as we see this post is more or less a hybrid post. It's both aimed to help players and introduce itself. 

Now given the description of players helping players, it can be assumed that this section is to request for help only. Introductions on the other hand shows that you can say hi and with this he makes his service say hi in a matter of speaking. 

Now I would personally say that this befits players helping players, maybe, a little better. Still if we look at " looking for players for one mission" which is in the description of recruitment, this clearly doesn't fit that. As this post does not aim for one mission  but a guided play-through consisting of several missions. 

Therefor I say that the assumption that this belongs in recruitment is a wrong one and there a misinterpretation of the post. If you would have said players helping players I would have agreed, but it doesn't fit recruitment. 

Have Fun around Son. And again thanks for your help!

?