The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OBERON PRIME

(PSN)KAZZILLA99

1 minute ago, silent-mandalis said:

It would be too much of a change to him.

not really, look at rhino versus rhino deluxe. banshee vs. banshee deluxe. this looks more like oberon than oberon deluxe looks like oberon.
plus its not like DE would copy this directly but its a hell of alot cooler than most of the oberon prime fan concept art ive seen, in my opinion.    

19 minutes ago, (PS4)KAZZILLA99 said:

These are all deluxe though prime is different from that deluxe are suppose to look like that  and prime is just that warframe but with gold bits add to it.

not really, look at rhino versus rhino deluxe. banshee vs. banshee deluxe. this looks more like oberon than oberon deluxe looks like oberon.
plus its not like DE would copy this directly but its a hell of alot cooler than most of the oberon prime fan concept art ive seen, in my opinion.    

2 minutes ago, silent-mandalis said:

well then look at trinity or ash they're prime helmets and skins are fairly different, but similar enough to tell its an trinity or ash. you can tell this is an oberon only major difference is this one doesnt have hooves and it doesnt have armor. add hooves and armor if you want, problem solved.

51 minutes ago, (PS4)KAZZILLA99 said:

well then look at trinity or ash they're prime helmets and skins are fairly different, but similar enough to tell its an trinity or ash. you can tell this is an oberon only major difference is this one doesnt have hooves and it doesnt have armor. add hooves and armor if you want, problem solved.

I never said there was a problem I was referring to how slim it looks look at Oberon regular and look at the deluxe for him they kept the same body length and width the same and with other primes they may have increased the night but there bodies are still the same. Like I was trying to say this one is too skinny.

3 minutes ago, silent-mandalis said:

I never said there was a problem I was referring to how slim it looks look at Oberon regular and look at the deluxe for him they kept the same body length and width the same and with other primes they may have increased the night but there bodies are still the same. Like I was trying to say this one is too skinny.

well oberon only looks so bulky because of his armor which is why i said throw some armor on him.

In my opinion, I do not like this at all. For several reasons. 1. The headdress on him is way to big, Trinity Prime was pushing it in the area of clipping and this guy would be going through everything. 2. Canonical issues. Canon wise Oberon is the Paladin / Satyr / Druid frame, and this image, all be it awesome doesn't spark that, "In tune with nature" Theme Oberon has. 

I'm not saying this isn't a bad place to start, There are some aspects from it that I'd love to see, But so much of it just doesn't seem "Oberon" To me. It could be however that I do not see Oberon as a seemingly gaudy and show offish frame, And even as I am typing this I've gone back to look at the model several times, and I do see some aspects that ARE very Oberon. But not enough for me to say, YES this is what I want Oberon Prime to look like or be similar too. 

And the whole loincloth thing, Just REALLY throws me off.... Warframes are packing yes, But only in the guns and weapon department. = - = 

45 minutes ago, Tactical_Fatty said:

In my opinion, I do not like this at all. For several reasons. 1. The headdress on him is way to big, Trinity Prime was pushing it in the area of clipping and this guy would be going through everything. 2. Canonical issues. Canon wise Oberon is the Paladin / Satyr / Druid frame, and this image, all be it awesome doesn't spark that, "In tune with nature" Theme Oberon has. 

I'm not saying this isn't a bad place to start, There are some aspects from it that I'd love to see, But so much of it just doesn't seem "Oberon" To me. It could be however that I do not see Oberon as a seemingly gaudy and show offish frame, And even as I am typing this I've gone back to look at the model several times, and I do see some aspects that ARE very Oberon. But not enough for me to say, YES this is what I want Oberon Prime to look like or be similar too. 

And the whole loincloth thing, Just REALLY throws me off.... Warframes are packing yes, But only in the guns and weapon department. = - = 

Right we already had a discussion about this too Oberon is well let's say a tree not this almighty prime god that everyone will be wanting to get.

Just now, silent-mandalis said:

Right we already had a discussion about this too Oberon is well let's say a tree not this almighty prime god that everyone will be wanting to get.

He is a druid. A Satyr goat man. So lacking the nature based aspects of him just wouldn't make him Oberon. Which is why I am in love with his Deluxe skin *u*!!

8 minutes ago, Tactical_Fatty said:

He is a druid. A Satyr goat man. So lacking the nature based aspects of him just wouldn't make him Oberon. Which is why I am in love with his Deluxe skin *u*!!

"Oberon is a king of the fairies in medieval and Renaissance literature." not necessarily a druid or just a goat man, but they decided to go with the goat man thing here which is fine. my opinion is just when youre talking about the ideal oberon for warframe the 3d model really captures a perfect mix between warframe and the medieval oberon lor, and its no secret that DE uses old folklore's as inspiration for frames. so i thought this would bring more inspiration to the design team.  

7 minutes ago, (PS4)KAZZILLA99 said:

calm down sassy pants. you know DE does like to hear what the fans have to think, just sharing my opinion.

So you shared your opinion on an unrelated piece of reference material. Again, their art department will probably know what they want to do for the prime form. That's why the art department is there.

1 minute ago, Rehtael7 said:

So you shared your opinion on an unrelated piece of reference material. Again, their art department will probably know what they want to do for the prime form. That's why the art department is there.

how is it "an unrelated piece of reference material"? again if they actually do look at their forums or not im sure they wouldnt mind looking at a piece of art that might inspire them. ideas dont always come out like farts that smell good you know, takes inspiration most times.

and can we just end this before it turns into a pointless argument? very counter productive for the post, and both of us.

Just now, (PS4)KAZZILLA99 said:

"can we just end this before it turns into a pointless argument? very counter productive for the post, and both of us."

Yes please? ; - ; A. There are not any rules anywhere that state we cant give our opinions on stuff. The Art department has turned to the community several times. and B. It still helps for people to see similar things from different people. It show interest in a specific topic, and can sway DE one way or another. 

All in all the good thing that we can benefit from here is that contrary to A LOT of negativity I've seen for Oberon lately. That many people, myself included are looking forward to the day we get Oberon Prime :D 

Just now, Rehtael7 said:

My point is that putting up someone else's work in the forums as reference material for a prime frame isn't a fan concept, really.

i see your point, but its still oberon the fairy king and whether or not the artist was inspired or not by warframe, anything can bring inspiration. specially when the concept at hand resembles a warframe, and shares the same theme