Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Few thoughs on impoving Warframe and Boss fight

Sohberson

So I decided to not post in drowned thread.and grab your attention for a moment.

Here're my general suggestions, I tried to not double any of opinions already posted on this forum. Ahem!

- Please let us sprint more. At this moment 3 seconds of sprinting dont make any sense. Ninjas that could perform flips, backsflip and sliding happen to be heavy smokers? Come on.

- Increase reward for terminal hacking. Okay, its not hard activity but it gets tedious pretty fast even comparing to wrecking containers that could have 100 affinity. 100 affinity is tiny bonus, but container does "bang" sound and hey - its not that bad already. Increasing reward eg. from 50 to 150 will help to fight terrible aftertaste of another terminal. Yack!

There're some warframe specific:

- I recently switched from my lv30 Volt to Ember and it feels WAAAY harder to play not even mentioning that Ember's first ability ("Fireball") projectile has hitbox of bullet. I just got count of "head hunter" challenge by headshotting enemy with my fireball, I kid you not (shh! hey, make it feel like fireball not firebolt).

- Nerf Volt. This warframe has too much: damage (1), utility (2), support (3) and on top of that "kill everybody" button (4).

- Cooldown for abilities would be nice - it can help balancing

- If possible fix warframe model to get weapon clipping apper less often

There's my idea of boss fight

Team walks in some kind of chamber filled with energy streams. Every member of party gets passive energy regeneration. Then Boss appears (can deliver design, I suck at drawing). Boss moves fast and somewhat hard to hit (anti-gorgon feature haha). Everytime time boss hit a player he sips some energy from him (so players have to burn energy fast and use their abilities - Flashy! Dont forget to neft Volt!). After collecting [insert amount] energy from players Boss goes crazy mode and starts charging into players on high speed. It fight uses existing game mechanics so I hope it can be developed. Speed would be everything in this fight: dont let boss hit you too much and get away when he runs at you. Ugh.

great idea on boss fight, sure will bring something new- not just go in to the room and shoot with whatever you'v got.

Also agree about the sprint duration -_-

sometimes a simple Greenier soldier just runs away while you chasing him with sudden urge to cut his chest in half! (*,..,*)

Can't speak to a Volt nerf b/c I just started playing Volt. I'm usually against nerfs though unless something is stupidly OP. As this game doesn't have PvP (yet? not that I really want PvP), well, anyway, I'll shut up until I've played Volt more.

Sprint and terminal hacking are ok in my book. I wouldn't complain about longer sprint or more rewards for terminal hacking, but I wouldn't say it's on my wishlist.

Now bosses, I don't know about everything the OP suggested but having boss rooms regen your energy sounds great to me. If not that then just have them drop more ammo and/or energy. Seriously, I've gotten to a boss room and been low on ammo for all my guns, because I had to fight a bunch of soldiers to get there. It made the fight more difficult then necessary because I was trying to conserve ammo and use melee, which usually doesn't work well on bosses. Anyway, if not that then how about a room right before the boss where you can fill up on ammo and energy? That is a videogame staple right?

Can't speak to a Volt nerf b/c I just started playing Volt. I'm usually against nerfs though unless something is stupidly OP. As this game doesn't have PvP (yet? not that I really want PvP), well, anyway, I'll shut up until I've played Volt more.

Volt is cool and all but he's sooo easy. Playing Volt provides no challenge as long as you've got 100 energy: "In case of bad things happening - press 4". Sprint can get you out any trouble. Devs fixed Shield, now you can shoot through - that's nice. His first ability is great: you dont have to aim it + it has some kind of "chain lightning" in it. Drawback: barely works versus infested. Volt looks like perfect newbie's warframe but with his current kit Overload ability is just insane and makes Volt better (if not best) than any other mage warframe (Ember, Mag, Trinity).

I cant quite say how Overload can be changed or re-worked (besides of plain damage nerf but it would be silly and make of Overload "World on Fire 2"). I'm thinking about it but right now I wouldnt pick Volt as my starting Warframe at game launch because playing Volt gets boring pretty fast - that's how strong he is. I can at least excercise hitting flies with firebolts while playing Ember.

That's exploit and looks terrible

It's not really exploiting as it is utilizing the features of the game.(Sliding) That is goes faster than running is just a coincidence! (It's difficult when you have deafult settings as well)

I can agree to that it looks terrible, though.

Rather than nerfing the volt, buff the ember. The ember is supposed to be good against light armor, but the volt is good against Greneer and Corpus anyway so meh.

Something which I think needs to be improved (and I've made a thread about this before and am tempted to again), melee needs to be equipable mashing my mouse 5 to hit things is not a good gameplay system, and considering melee is such a key part of this game....