Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Spawning Breaking Stealth

Lady_Khaos

I've seen something similar to this mentioned briefly but never addressed. After witnessing it on multiple occasions today, I'm a bit irritated. I know the stealth mechanics are far from refined, but this makes it damn near impossible. On multiple occasions, I find enemies spawning in the room behind me that I had just emptied (rooms with no other entrances, mind you). On one occurrence they actually came out of the room I just left, shortly after I left it, and began shooting me in the back while none of the enemies that were in the current room even knew I was there. I don't know how to implement it, but enemies should not be spawning in rooms that I've already cleared, unless they know I'm there. Didn't use to have this problem so I don't know what changed.

I think the solution to this is 'spawning tanks', or whatever you want to call them. Specific locations which are the only places enemies will spawn from, like the small factories Moas come from. Add the ability to destroy them and enemies cannot spawn in rooms you have destroyed their spawn locations in. Would make solo and stealth a lot better.

I think the solution to this is 'spawning tanks', or whatever you want to call them. Specific locations which are the only places enemies will spawn from, like the small factories Moas come from. Add the ability to destroy them and enemies cannot spawn in rooms you have destroyed their spawn locations in. Would make solo and stealth a lot better.

Indeed. That would be interesting. Though there are definitely situations that I don't know how it would work.

Indeed. That would be interesting. Though there are definitely situations that I don't know how it would work.

Once an alert is triggered, the spawn/teleporters become shielded and you can no longer destroy them?

But yes, it has become very irritating to travel back to avoid being seen by a patrol and ---WALK DIRECTLY INTO 5 GUYS, in the room you cleared already and that certainly had no other entrances.

I figure rooms could be flagged, the same way how they're flagged on the minimap once you've visited them (no longer greyed-out) while stealthed. As long as no alarms are triggered, the room remains "safe" and enemies will not be able to spawn there.