Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problems with Vsync

JohnKable

Question

Hi everyone

Im experiencing some problems, since U18 dropped.

Basically when i have Vsync on the game is less responsive (when i press keys) but is mostly a feeling. Worst thing is that i have some great FPS drops even if i have everything at low.
Before i used to run smoothly at 60 fps with rare drops at 50ish, now i play at 60 but with frequent drops to 20 or less.

If i turn off Vsync but cap my fps to 50 or lower, the game runs fine and is slightly more responsive BUT there is a portion of my screen that suffers a noticeable shuttering/flickering.

If i turn off Vsync but dont cap my FPS same problem but my cars also burns :)

To mention that with better (or even max) graphic setting the problem are almost the same, with worse fps drops with Vsync on.

Can you help me with this? is there anything i can set differently inside or outside the game?

My HW is a piece of crap, but it handled the game very nicely so far. Anyways i have a GTX580, 16gb fast ram, 4 cores i7 processor, obiously nothing running in the backround and all drivers updated on Win10.

7 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, -CM-s7even said:

Do you play Fullscreen or windowed fullscreen?

Also is your monitor a normal 60Hz monitor? I have a 144Hz monitor and I have to make sure the game and my monitor are set to the same Hz otherwise I get the issue your explaining.

My monitor is 60hz and the ingame option is set to the same amount.

Also, just tried disabling multithreading and turning off Vsync (restarted game) but still see the screen shuttering in the exact same parts.

Edited by JohnKable

i run it fullscreen (windowed is terrible) with Vsync at 60Hz matching my monitor. Double checked.

Enabling or disabling multithreading doesnt seem to sort any change, Vsync enabled or not.

tried many other options, the game runs fine without Vsync but still has shuttering, it runs terribly with Vsync no matter if i have all graphic options disabled or not