The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HOW DO I SOLVE THE CORRUPTED DATA PROBLEM?(PS4)

(PSN)luckycrimson

Question

Hi.I have been having the corrupted data message appear on my game everytime i start a mission or everytime i leave my arsenal.I decided to delete my game to see if it will help.After I redownloaded it, I started the game but it can't connect.It's on the load out screen.It keeps saying connecting but it doesn't really connect. Several times it'll load but it'll say error downloading updates, please restart game but it doesn't work even if i restart it.I've also tried restarting my wifi but it still doesn't work. My warframe is also on the latest version. 

4 answers to this question

If you have a back up in online storage, delete your Warframe Save Data on PS4. This data only contains user preferences such as last Warframe used etc. DE has everything else on their servers. Download online save data to hard drive. Start game. This happened to me and this procedure worked. 

If you don't have data backed up, save Warframe current data online. Use Application save data management on PS4. Delete data on PS4. Start game. A new save data should be automatically created. You should be able to log in. If not at least you still have previous save data backed up. No risk. Good luck.

Actually, the solution is to delete BOTH your local save file and the PS plus backup copy.  PSN doesn't know the file is corrupt and will happily back it up.  As SIVISA said, this will not effect your progress in the game just your settings and load outs.  It would be nice if DE improved the error message to something more useful rather than having people run to the forums.  I've answered this question more times than I wish to remember.

Luckycrimson you only need to do that if you have it to auto. If so change setting. I don't auto back-up for this very reason. Manual back-up always.

Loki1211's right though, but you now have corroboration. This solution is safe and proven. Enjoy game. No hard drive repair necessary. ; )