The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simaris standing problems

Crimson_V

Question

So i get simaris standing if a just scan a random target in the level, but if i scan the one marked on the map it shows the standing gained (between 3000-5000) but when i check it after the game its not there.

What am i doing wrong? is there a daily cap that's preventing me from gaining simaris standing? is the standing going toward the syndicate regalia im wearing? i have been in the middle of the new strange quest for quite a while does that have anything to do with this?

haven't gained any standing in 2+ weeks with many successful simaris target scans, the only standing i gained was from when i scanned some random grineer on the map.

6 answers to this question

Are you running solo or in a squad? If you are running in a squad and it is not your specific target you will not get credit for the full scan even if the value shows on the screen. My buddy and I run missions together quite often and we are on different daily targets, even though Simaris will pop up, the trail will show, and either of us can scan, the rep does not populate since you are getting a set amount for completing "x" number of daily targets. So, say I need to get 3 Ancient Healers for my daily. The normal single target scan amounts will show on screen, but I won't collect any rep from Simaris until I report back to turn those in and collect the lump sum and cores for competing the task. My buddy on the other hand won't get any of the rep since it is not his daily target. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)CowboyJeff72 said:

Are you running solo or in a squad? If you are running in a squad and it is not your specific target you will not get credit for the full scan even if the value shows on the screen. My buddy and I run missions together quite often and we are on different daily targets, even though Simaris will pop up, the trail will show, and either of us can scan, the rep does not populate since you are getting a set amount for completing "x" number of daily targets. So, say I need to get 3 Ancient Healers for my daily. The normal single target scan amounts will show on screen, but I won't collect any rep from Simaris until I report back to turn those in and collect the lump sum and cores for competing the task. My buddy on the other hand won't get any of the rep since it is not his daily target. 

Thank you that helps, i guess those might not have been my targets.

On 3/3/2016 at 9:47 PM, (PS4)CowboyJeff72 said:

I'm pretty sure that's it with the new daily system, but please post back here if that isn't the issue. I do the dailies quite often and have noticed some issues, but just attributed it to what I posted to you. Be interested to know if you find something different.

have confirmed it, it has to be your target that you previously selected at the relay for it to count.

but this isn't mentioned on the wiki/game and even if you scan someone else's target you still get visual indication as if you received the standing (when in reality you don't).

Edited by Crimson_V

Agreed. My friend and I did a test run as well to confirm and you do not indeed get the points listed if it is not your daily target. I did however get the points for the scans he took of items/enemies besides the daily target, so those are still shared. So for the daily target, you can trap and help scan, but you get zero points if it's not your daily target. Kind of goes against the co-op experience they are looking for. I'm not sure if it is this way due to how the programming for the original set up is or not. I can see how unfair it would be for you to get 3,000+ points for a target that is not yours while your friend only gets a total of say 7,000 for three targets that are his/hers. I think this may be why it has been changed. The individual target's reward points show up as the community points assigned to them, while the new daily targets award the lump sum for a set number of targets. 

If anyone else has any light to shed on this, please feel free to post.