Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mail Addition

FordolaPrime

Hello,
i been wondering if it was possible to add something to the "mailbox" where you could send mail to other players
1. it would be good for clans so the offline members get the mails too in case they have something important to say
2. there could be an option to gift an item with it, so the person will get the item once they open the mail

thank you for reading :)

2 hours ago, Bizzaro21 said:

u can alrdy gift market items, as for the text messages, I 100% agree

but i was thinking of something like
the trading post gives you 1 trade per mastery level
so we might be able to do 1 item on mail per mastery level too
and trading items you already have
whether it being mods or platinum

my best friend got me half of the platinum he got for himself just because we always play together
he said i dont need to pay it back
but one day i thought i will surprise him by returning it
but having him go to the trading post isnt really much of a surprise anymore xD
thats why i had the thought really

9 hours ago, SophieKitty said:

but i was thinking of something like
the trading post gives you 1 trade per mastery level
so we might be able to do 1 item on mail per mastery level too
and trading items you already have
whether it being mods or platinum

my best friend got me half of the platinum he got for himself just because we always play together
he said i dont need to pay it back
but one day i thought i will surprise him by returning it
but having him go to the trading post isnt really much of a surprise anymore xD
thats why i had the thought really

oh, I misunderstood ya :P

if so then sure +1

U agree with the mail for actual messaging, but the few issues I could see is 1. Inbox spam, who could be stopped with only being able to mail after a certain period of time, which defeats the purpose a bit

as for gifting items? You could, and just buy things through the market, and I get Wh at you mean by trading it to him, but it's a security issue when it doesn't go through that authentication process at a trading post

2 minutes ago, Cyborg_Wolf said:

U agree with the mail for actual messaging, but the few issues I could see is 1. Inbox spam, who could be stopped with only being able to mail after a certain period of time, which defeats the purpose a bit

2-as for gifting items? You could, and just buy things through the market, and I get Wh at you mean by trading it to him, but it's a security issue when it doesn't go through that authentication process at a trading post

1- I assume there will be a block option, fixt

2-he/she already explained

1 minute ago, Bizzaro21 said:

1- I assume there will be a block option, fixt

2-he/she already explained

I explained too, it's harder to keep trading or gifting a secure process when it doesn't go through the triple authentication of the trading post, which has been designed and coded to not F up.

mail doesn't have that system, it's only for hard coded game messages, not security

Edited by Cyborg_Wolf

Just now, Cyborg_Wolf said:

I explained too, it's harder to keep trading or gifting a secure process when it doesn't go through the triple authentication of the trading post, which has been designed and coded to not F up.

what can go wrong here? lol, u gift someone an item, they find it and accept it, better than recieving an ammo drum at dojo and wasting a trade for both of u

in addition, make it only available for offline/inactive people to receive items, to avoid ppl cheesing through trade costs

9 minutes ago, Bizzaro21 said:

what can go wrong here? lol, u gift someone an item, they find it and accept it, better than recieving an ammo drum at dojo and wasting a trade for both of u

in addition, make it only available for offline/inactive people to receive items, to avoid ppl cheesing through trade costs

How would you tax those mails? 

Sending something to an offline player can already be done through the MARKET

if you're talking about strictly platinum, there's not enough security on mail as it is to send valuable items like that between players another case of not enough need and too much work. I'm all for the whole chat mail, but the trading wouldn't work so well

55 minutes ago, Cyborg_Wolf said:

How would you tax those mails? 

Sending something to an offline player can already be done through the MARKET

if you're talking about strictly platinum, there's not enough security on mail as it is to send valuable items like that between players another case of not enough need and too much work. I'm all for the whole chat mail, but the trading wouldn't work so well

well fair enough, but if DE manage to work it out, would be great :P