Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Split Story Lines

Ceraldus

So I was thinking, we have all these factions and a ton of mysteries and goals for each of them. What are the Corpus doing? How did they find Orokin technology? What about the Grineer, how can we stop them, are there any that will aid us? Then theres the infestation. How is it spreading? Where did it originate? And now we have the Stalker and access to those old Orokin towers. What happened to the Orokin? Did the Sentients kill them off? Why is the Stalker killing our own, his own?

What I thought of was, what if clans could be dedicated to one or more of these story lines, and through this, actually influences the universal gameplay. In regards to the clan specifically, it could unlock unique rooms, research, and dojo architecture specific to that story line.

The Infestation was made by the Orokin to fight the Lotus. The Grineer are desperately trying to regain full humanity (Tyl Regor's one of their best researchers on this), but that would threaten the Lotus's position, so she's having them offed. The Corpus are businessmen and the only ones keeping the solar system's economy intact and letting everyone not starve to death, but a weak and terrified populace is easier to rule.

That's my ideas, and if SSI can choose to go that route, I would love that choice.

Edited by SolluxCaptorTA

The Infestation was made by the Orokin to fight the Lotus. The Grineer are desperately trying to regain full humanity (Lech Kril's one of their best researchers on this), but that would threaten the Lotus's position, so she's having them offed. The Corpus are businessmen and the only ones keeping the solar system's economy intact and letting everyone not starve to death, but a weak and terrified populace is easier to rule.

That's my ideas, and if SSI can choose to go that route, I would love that choice.

Pretty sure you mean Tyl Regor.

Is Lotus not sentient? I mean, the Infested aren't, Corpus are men, Grineer aren't even that-but Lotus? All she is is an intelligent voice giving us orders. Where is she? How has she lived this long? How did she wake us up?

She can do this because she's the Sentience. That's all she is-free floating consciousness, driven by a desire to rule everything. The Infested take over because SHE takes over, and the Infested were a (botched) attempt to remove her control. It works, but drives them into bestial rage.

As an aside, there were probably other Sentiences too. However, only the Lotus was trying to take over-she either started by taking over the others or the others just plain stayed out of the way, because they're good not f***ing up people's lives.

the infestation was made by the orokin to fight the sentients

I realized that after, but the only time when that fight was mentioned really was in regards to the Golem. It could just be that they needed a weapon and could manage the infestation enough to make that thing and send it after them. Something to consider.

SolluxCaptorTA I meant like clans could investigate a universal storylines, not that they each have their own. Although that's not that bad....

Also, were did you get that Lotus is a Sentient?

I thought it up. I firmly believe she is evil to the core.

Reference: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/21646-lotus-is-lying-to-you/?hl=%2Blotus+%2Bis+%2Blying+%2Bto+%2Byou

And I thought what you meant was that each clan would investigate, and the most investigated one would be made canon-as a Warlord in a pretty big clan, I could get a lot of weight thrown towards rising up in rebellion against Lotus. And just on the forums, I could probably persuade people to go against her too.

(If this happens, everyone-talk to your clans and help kill Lotus.)