The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

18.5 Launcher stuck on "Checking for new content"

BCAW

Question

Firstly, if this is posted in the wrong section, moderators please kindly move it to the right section, thank you

I've finished downloading 18.5 after 3 hours. Upon completing download, the launcher froze at "0.0mb" for a few minute, so I force-closed launcher. When I tried to open the launcher again, it gets stuck on "checking for new contents." Its been like this for 5 minutes now. Any advice would be welcome.

Also, I play on Steam, not sure if that makes a difference.

18 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, BCAW said:

Firstly, if this is posted in the wrong section, moderators please kindly move it to the right section, thank you

I've finished downloading 18.5 after 3 hours. Upon completing download, the launcher froze at "0.0mb" for a few minute, so I force-closed launcher. When I tried to open the launcher again, it gets stuck on "checking for new contents." Its been like this for 5 minutes now. Any advice would be welcome.

Also, I play on Steam, not sure if that makes a difference.

I've got the same thing, and I've resorted to deleting and re-installing the whole game.  My connection is okay, so it should only take about an hour or so, but still...  It's a real pain and I don't know if re-installing will even solve the problem.

Good luck to you.

@BCAW I have tried to verify through steam and the Launcher twice, as well as trying to re-install the game in and out of steam. Both have not worked and I also cannot access the warframe main page. I just get error Internet cannotated connect for both when there is nothing wrong with my Internet it is definitely warframe. I can't even contact support and DE has announced Nothing!

2nd update: after some research, it appears that verifying game contents through steam is a bad idea, and tends to make things worse. So I decided to uninstall and reinstall on steam. Hopefully it will work in a couple of hours.

I am still able to access the warframe site just fine though.

It makes no sense, the website and the Launcher are two separate things, and what's worse is DE have said nothing on Twitter. They said on the devstream a "team" was working on a hot fix and I contacted them on twitter 2 hours ago and they haven't responded. I've never known a warframe update to be with terrible and normally we get a bugger fix within 30 mins of a release. 

10 minutes ago, MightyStoner said:

It makes no sense, the website and the Launcher are two separate things, and what's worse is DE have said nothing on Twitter. They said on the devstream a "team" was working on a hot fix and I contacted them on twitter 2 hours ago and they haven't responded. I've never known a warframe update to be with terrible and normally we get a bugger fix within 30 mins of a release. 

1)They run on the same server. I don't have access to the website, and my launcher can not connect.

2)Use Support page instead of twitter to contact them.

3)The file is 4GB and there were over 40K people trying to download it, so the servers are overloaded. It's like saying a traffic jam.

1 minute ago, MightyStoner said:

I've tried contacting through support but as part of it links through the main website, I actually can't even get through to them and it just gives me the same error.

Well, that means we just have to wait... you arent the only one ;)

update 3: Successfully re-installed the launcher via Steam. But now it gives me the "Content Server temporarily unavailable" error.

I have a feeling this should've been posted in the bug report section. Can a mod help me out here please?

I have some similar problems. 18.5 downloaded fine then the hotfix, i played some and just in the middle of me modding my new nekros things got not responsive, unclickable. Thus i Alt+F4 to restart and after that the endless "Checking for update" and after a while of w8ing " ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT ".

The launcher firstly verified the download cache then it downloaded ~150MB of an update, now issue is gone. If anyone from DE needs more data i'm glad to post more details. Im from Poland (I assume geo location might be useful).