The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nvidia Physx Effects disabled/unable to turn on

Athena-Saber

Question

17 answers to this question

Do you have Physx installed?My Physx is working normally.Best is download the newest graphics driver and install it.Then go right click on your desktop.Then Nvidia blabla.Then Physx configure.Then choose your Graphics card.Then start warframe and it should work again.

Edited by K0bra

I have a very similar problem. Firstly, my display driver would crash mid-mission. Turned out I need a driver update (from 358.87 to 362.00). Now I can play the game, but I still can't turn on PhysX.

I do have PhysX installed, it worked before the 18.5 update, and I did select the Graphics Card in the PhysX setting, but for some reason, Warframe still uses the CPU for PhysX (I turned on the PhysX visual indicator), but I can't select the option in the game menu. 

I tried every combination of settings from the Launcher (DX10/11, Fullscreen, 64bit mode, Multi-threaded Rendering) and still no luck.

Edit: I found a way to make it work. I just selected the CPU as the PhysX processor and it seems to allow me to select the PhysX option. I'll test to see if it really works and it doesn't crash.

Edit2: it works, and it's gorgeous.

Edited by Razmtoh
Added new info

6 hours ago, Razmtoh said:

I have a very similar problem. Firstly, my display driver would crash mid-mission. Turned out I need a driver update (from 358.87 to 362.00). Now I can play the game, but I still can't turn on PhysX.

I do have PhysX installed, it worked before the 18.5 update, and I did select the Graphics Card in the PhysX setting, but for some reason, Warframe still uses the CPU for PhysX (I turned on the PhysX visual indicator), but I can't select the option in the game menu. 

I tried every combination of settings from the Launcher (DX10/11, Fullscreen, 64bit mode, Multi-threaded Rendering) and still no luck.

Edit: I found a way to make it work. I just selected the CPU as the PhysX processor and it seems to allow me to select the PhysX option. I'll test to see if it really works and it doesn't crash.

Edit2: it works, and it's gorgeous.

Worked for me. Thank you very much!

5 hours ago, DankPigeon said:

Won't this decrease your performance as the CPU is doing PhysX instead of GPU?

I don' really know. Depends on your CPU I guess. But until they fix the problem, this will have to do.

Update for patch 18.5.2. I'm still unable to enable PhysX. If I select my CPU as my PhysX processor I can enable it in-game however it makes no visual difference (there are still no PhysX effects after enabling and restarting the client). GTX 560 here, if that helps.

I haven't been able to test the new update yet. I will do so when I'll get home later today. But I doubt they changed anything related to PhysX. 

I was still able to use PhysX with the 18.5.3 update if I set the CPU as the PhysX processor.

There is a few different reasons this happens. The easiest fix is you aren't running the correct version of Direct X. Select a higher version and it should allow you to check it off.

The other was listed above as well. You have to go into the Nvidia control panel and select to set your CPU to handle your phys-x. This will also make it so you can check it off in the game. Yes this puts more strain on your cpu but it really depends on what cpu you have. If you have a newer gaming computer you wont even feel a difference. If you have an older computer then it'll drop frames or create microstudder.

On 3/5/2016 at 4:27 PM, DankPigeon said:

Update for patch 18.5.2. I'm still unable to enable PhysX. If I select my CPU as my PhysX processor I can enable it in-game however it makes no visual difference (there are still no PhysX effects after enabling and restarting the client). GTX 560 here, if that helps.

I am having the exact same issue, no amount of tinkering on my end has resolved this. DE must have borked something up with their PhysX update.

7 hours ago, DankPigeon said:

Update: Since U18.6 (18.6.1?) the problem seems to be fixed. I can enable PhysX without any tweaks and it works like it should. I don't remember changing any drivers/settings so i guess it was an undocumented bugfix. Thanks Devs!

Hmm.. I still had to tweak with the PhysX settings and set it to CPU in order for it work. After U18.6.1.