Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove The "no Rewards" Penalty You Get From Aborting Missions.

Aeshi

If I could keep the rewards of a mission without finishing a mission, why would I ever finish any mission?

the mission would still have to be finished by members of the team -_-, and people that abort would still be penalized, BUT!! explorers who don't rush won't be penalized just because they didn't make it to extraction the same time the rushers did, that being the point at hand.

no you couldn't, if you don't actually become involved in the mission, reward exp is minimal, and you don't end up picking up any mods/BPs/anything. you don't get a BP from a boss mission just because everyone else got it you know

edit: if you think I'm wrong, run a defense mission and check the log afterwards, it'll show that different people got different amounts of mod pickups unless every mod was marked and thoroughly checked for

Edited by Codekid

only if you wanted to be a bad team member, some people who enjoy exploring get stuck with rushers right now and honestly they get screwed because the rushers for extraction, and since the explorers get left behind they lose almost everything. If the trade off is the inevitably you run into a guy who just runs around collecting stuff while you do all the work, then just endeavor to cut off his looting run by ending the game sooner and leave the group he's in so you wont end up running with him again (most likely)

plus you get a good laugh if he gets mobbed, dies, and noone rezzes him :)

Edited by Codekid

Yeah, here's the problem with MMOs in general: Not every player is, or even wants to be a good team member.

If there's nothing to punish bad team members then there's no reason not to be a bad team member, especially if you get all the benefits of a good one.

If you want to explore, find other players that want to explore and take your sweet time. Hell, I might even join you if I'm feeling bored enough.

But some people can't sit around playing video games all day, and rush through levels as fast as they can. In fact that's exactly why I'm playing Warframe almost exclusively these days.I can log on for 30 minutes and run 3 missions. If not more. That's fantastic for me, because I don't have a lot of time to play video games.

RNG clearly designed this game to be fast paced. The rewards of exploring aren't always tangible. Unless it's a void mission, the secret rooms don't yield much. If you're exploring, you're doing it for your own enjoyment. So do it with people who enjoy exploring.

Edited by NuxMatrix

Yeah, here's the problem with MMOs in general: Not every player is, or even wants to be a good team member.

If there's nothing to punish bad team members then there's no reason not to be a bad team member, especially if you get all the benefits of a good one.

and you know what, you're right, that's an issue with EVERY MMO because people are greedy about drops. guess what, that CAN'T BE FIXED, but penalizing the good team members just because they get stuck with ONE PERSON who wants to rush while they want to explore, is something actually CAN BE ADDRESSED.

some people have been looking to exploit this game since it's release to open beta, and some even before then during the closed beta. But the idea of instituting the get out of penalty's by aborting the mission policy again probably won't and SHOULD NOT be reinstituted because guess what, it KILLS THE GAME.

What I'm trying to suggest is something that might be implemented into the game that can balance out the issue between rushers and explorers, which has been a huge issue recently, without being something that can be exploited to a ridiculous point, because guess what, you're farming will end quickly when the rushers end the game.

and you know what, if you take this suggestion as a prerogative to become a bad member, then it just shows that you're as greedy as the rest of the people that would exploit this, and honestly, I've instituted a policy in my clan that people who play as bad team members because they'll abandon an objective and their other team members for loot, get expelled, IMMEDIATELY!

So honestly at that point people will be able to actually moderate that little bit of exploitation themselves by either ending the mission quickly and not choosing to play with person, or by filing a complaint to their warlord/sage/whoever and having the clan penalize them for acting badly within the game.

I'm trying to suggest acceptable boundries that help all parties involved, but can be moderated by other players, right now that isn't possible because explorers get the raw end of the deal a lot, and before, rushers had a get out of penalty free card that was heavily exploited.

and even so, my suggestion, doesn't penalize rushers either, because they can still choose to end the mission quickly, I just think that explorers getting caught in that shouldn't get the raw end of the deal

my suggestion would not affect people who rush, IN THE SLIGHTEST, please note that -_-

Edited by Codekid

OP, you really think you should be rewarded for failing a mission? Because thats exactly what your asking for. You fail a mission, by either dying or leaving, and then, want to be rewarded with your mods still being in your inventory? Just no

It would mean my team has less people in it actively trying to complete the mission. That makes things harder for me.

What you're arguing is that giving people any incentive to explore, at all, is bad, because they will do nothing but and that will ruin the game for you. I'm sorry, but just because you don't want to explore, doesn't mean the people who do should be penalized FOR exploring, and honestly, that's kind've selfish, because not everyone wants to the play the game the same way you do and they shouldn't be penalized for playing differently.

Just because I propose taking away the penalty for not being at extraction, doesn't immediately mean people will leave the mission to you to complete alone. Give people faith that maybe they'll stick with you because they enjoy running the mission too rather than just trying to loot as much as possible, that's what defense missions are built for. I'm sorry, but really, please consider all the other people who play the game too.

and please note: I massively enjoy rushing, and i very RARELY explore, but I just don't like explorers getting a bad deal because of that. Although I always explore new maps when they're released, gotta know the rooms ^_^

What you're arguing is that giving people any incentive to explore, at all, is bad, because they will do nothing but and that will ruin the game for you. I'm sorry, but just because you don't want to explore, doesn't mean the people who do should be penalized FOR exploring, and honestly, that's kind've selfish, because not everyone wants to the play the game the same way you do and they shouldn't be penalized for playing differently.

Just because I propose taking away the penalty for not being at extraction, doesn't immediately mean people will leave the mission to you to complete alone. Give people faith that maybe they'll stick with you because they enjoy running the mission too rather than just trying to loot as much as possible, that's what defense missions are built for. I'm sorry, but really, please consider all the other people who play the game too.

and please note: I massively enjoy rushing, and i very RARELY explore, but I just don't like explorers getting a bad deal because of that. Although I always explore new maps when they're released, gotta know the rooms ^_^

Exploring and not contributing to the team IS bad. If you've ever played any other team based games like Left 4 Dead or Payday, one of the biggest rules of being a good team is not wandering off from the team. If you want to explore a level, go out with people who want to explore with you. Otherwise you are a detriment to the team.

Look, even in void missions all I have to tell people is "Do you guys know about the secret room with loot in it?" and usually people are interested enough to go look for it.

Regular missions don't have amazing mod dropping containers. Though I've found several cool/secret rooms, I've only found one "secret" room in regular Grineer mission with enough containers to warrant a minor detour.

The only reward to exploring in normal missions is the intangible satisfaction you get from finding a cool place. So if you're just goofing around, do it with a group of friends who want to goof off, instead of taking up a valuable slot in a mission with people who are trying to get the mats they need and get out.

Edited by NuxMatrix

-There's no good reason to be over 60 seconds behind everyone else

-One person in a team of four can't start the countdown

-Exploring is inefficient unless your in the void and if your in the void then the host decides what type of game it will be 

-If you want to explore to the extent that your over 60 seconds behind your team then you might be better suited for solo/clan/invite-only play

-If your farming through exploration then region chat may have like-minded individuals

I agree all players are being lumped together, so Ok 2 things -

What about players who get dumped out of a game three quarters completed because the game crashes and dont say

hard luck.

Crashes are dev issues and you should not be punished for it.

Secondly there should be a tab or radio button, so that rushers can opt into playing their own type of game with

similar players?

I finally got new warframe. So I have been playing in Mercury and trying to level the frame. At the same time I've been repeating Captain Vor assassination because I need morphics.

Do you remember when you began to play Warframe for the first time? Your contact list is empty and Mercury was the starting point. So atm while I'm playing there I see lot's of people with Mastery Level 0. I'm a kind person and I take the phase of new players because Tolstoj is somewhat confusing map specially for beginners. I show the way if they get stuck and let them kill mobs like a big brother. Remember getting lost in there and than you realized that there is an air-shaft you needed to brake down? =^.^=

Ok, we are playing there with one new player and than out of nowhere comes this Mastery level 6 rusher (rushers usually come in the middle of the missions) and he kills Captain Vor in a second with he's lvl 30 frame and weaponry and rushes directly to the extraction. It would b ok if the rusher was alone, but usually stupidity condensates amongst the group. So there is always a player that rushes after him. But wait a moment... the new player gets 60 seconds to get to the extraction. And usually we are faaaaar away from Captain Vor.

Well, I need morphics atm. so I'm forced to rush there too when the time counter starts to tick. So sometimes I leave that poor new player behind. The new player might not even realise that there is a counter and suddenly in the middle of the action the mission ends.

Is this the way you want to welcome new players to warframe? More people means more fun for us and naturally money for developers. And when developers get their bread to table we get more stuff in-game.

Edit: if rushers want to rush, they should rush by themselves. They don't care about other people -- or so it seems in-game. With their behaviour they are extremely rude. Specially when they stalk unfinished missions because it means more efficient way to farm.

Edited by carnaga