The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Random/senseless stuttering and freezing on my laptop post-update

Lobotomy

I'll preface this by saying that I know my laptop is not good; it's from 2011, it's behind the times, I should have something better - but I don't. That said, I was able to play Warframe just fine on low settings before the update. I'm talking I used to have average framerates of 20-30fps with my settings, with only the occasional bit of loading lag at the start of a mission and maybe an occasional dip of framerate if I was getting swarmed by far too many enemies, but even with all of that the game was playable! Now, less than ten minutes ago as I write this, I just had the pleasure of entering a Grineer Mobile Defense Alert (which I have now missed getting to complete because of this crap) which seemed to be going fine until I reached the tile that has two rooms side-by-side with a terminal in each one and lots of pipes and such, and just as I reached the entrance to that room my framerate suddenly crashed down to 0fps - sometimes going alllllll the way up to 1fps - and I got to watch in frustration as I couldn't move or do anything and my entire team was disconnected and then the game continued to crawl and stutter and do absolutely nothing for the next three minutes until I finally gave up and had to ctrl+alt+del to open Windows Task Manager and manually terminate the game's process in order for my computer to stop having a seizure.

My experience has been like that in varying degrees ever since the update landed. Lots of video stuttering, lots of audio stuttering, lots of freezing, lots of annoyance and frustration as I've watched a game go from playable to unplayable. Whatever you've done to the game in the last update, devs, you have absolutely murdered the game performance for people on laptops and/or low-end PCs, and it's not ok! It really isn't. I've enjoyed Warframe, up till now, and I fear that with these changes I'm no longer even going to be able to play the game at all. And don't say "Well just buy a new computer", because that is not even remotely an option for me right now.

Please, devs, give us back our framerates... >:(