The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Solution to incurable 1-3FPS lag/stuttering for NVIDIA users

Banedain

Whenever I started a mission since update 18.5, solo or not, my game would lag down to 1 Frame a second and become unplayable, this is my solution for that problem.IM not a computer expert so this is all going to be in laymans terms. A few months ago NVIDA updated wtih a bug that prevents you from updating your drivers (you may have noticed that it says "cannot connect to NVIDIA try again later". To fix this just google "NVIDIA Geoforce experience" and you should be taken to their site to download the newest NVIDIA update panel (also called the "NVIDIA Geoforce experience". You can manually download the newest version here. Once its installed you will get the option to update your drivers again, from this panel, Do so. which, for me at least, stopped the drop to one frame a second or Lag or whatever that unplayable mess was. I hope this fixes the problem for you too.

Edited by Banedain

I think it might be a bit more than Nvidia driver, I have a AMD Radeon R9 200 series graphics card and the drivers are up to date.  Also, this morning I was not having ANY issues, now that it's later in the day, LAG CITY.  My friends think it might be related to the load on the servers with more players getting on.

Sorry man this was what fixed it for me, I just posted this here in hopes that it may fix it for anyone who had my specific version of this problem. I hope it is server side or a bug TBH because that would mean they can hotfix, or it will just go away as more players get off.