The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An all purpose frost build please?

SatelliteStrike

Question

Hello. So I really wanna get frost. And discovered that he is not just a Defense frame. He is a frame that can go any mission. Survival, exterminate, raids, sorties anything. We all know his globe rocks and he is good at it. But also he is a good CC-er with his avalanche and 2+augment(if you use it). So can anyone give me an all purpose frost build? I just can't find the right build to make my frost work in every scenario. Which is the most optim way to build him so he can keep spaming his skills, but also his snow globe doesn't suffer too much.

7 answers to this question

A good one-trick pony frost build would be :
Intensify
Steel fiber
Narrow minded
Overextended
Blind rage
Fleeting expertise
Flow (can be replaced with vitality/redirection if you have a trinity in your team)
Last one would be an augument mod depending on the situation
You can put w/e you feel like in the exilus slot

Edited by Grobbus

Redirection, Primed Flow, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, Stretch, Overextended, Transient Fortitude, Primed Continuity, Cunning Drift

After playing Frost ALOT this is the build i ended up with, Transient Fortitude is only to make Avalanche do some good dmg to enemies below lvl 40 (which is most of the game), do not listen to anyone who says u need Power Strength for ur Snow Globe, its bullS#&$ because no matter how high level the enemies are, you can just recast the globe to refill its hp + give it invincibility, u can also just stack the globes hp in advance, sacrificng other mods to get more strength does nothing except nerf ur other abilities, mainly Avalanche which is an amazing CC ability, and the time enemies are frozen is affected by power duration.

My frost build is centered around his ice wave augment while keeping the power strength at the default 100%.

Redirection, primed flow, streamline, fleeting expertise, primed continuity, constitution, stretch and his ice wave augment. As for the exilus slot, u can place in either power drift or cunning drift, depending if u want a slightly stronger globe or u want have a bigger one. (I personally prefer cunning drift since stacking of globe is a lot more practical to get more globe health). This build also gives you a 133% duration which is good enough for me to spam his famous ice wave augment during tougher situations. If you want to make use of his avalanche, this build may also be feasible enough too.

I do not believe there is such a thing. In order to spam you need high efficiency. And you also always need decent range because all but his first ability require range to be effective. And you can not have it all at once.

• Efficiency
  • Range
  • Power Strength

Is possible. Or you can go for:

• Efficiency
  • Range
  • Duration

The only way to have both duration and strength as well as decent range does not allow for much efficiency. So basically you get a build that can do it all but requires a Trinity to work well. Warframe allows for 3 different builds per warframe and you might want to make use of that and pick the right build depending the circumstances.

Ok. I think I found the build I like for him.  Redirection, strech, Streamline, fleeting expertize (R2), Flow and Continuity (cause I don't have the prime versions yet), constitution and an augment. For his aura I am leaving rejuvenation, and for exilus slot I will go with rush, just cause I like more mobile frames and frost is tied with rhino at slowest speed. Ty all for input. I think with this build I can do anything 

13 minutes ago, SatelliteStrike said:

Ok. I think I found the build I like for him.  Redirection, strech, Streamline, fleeting expertize (R2), Flow and Continuity (cause I don't have the prime versions yet), constitution and an augment. For his aura I am leaving rejuvenation, and for exilus slot I will go with rush, just cause I like more mobile frames and frost is tied with rhino at slowest speed. Ty all for input. I think with this build I can do anything 

Your snow globe will have very low health, so think twice before bringing him into long runs or high level enemies. You focused mostly on duration which is mostly good for his Freeze force and Ice wave auguments. You don't need more than ~8 seconds for his avalanche or freeze. Don't expect to kill anything with avalanche without power strength as well.

44 minutes ago, Grobbus said:

Your snow globe will have very low health, so think twice before bringing him into long runs or high level enemies. You focused mostly on duration which is mostly good for his Freeze force and Ice wave auguments. You don't need more than ~8 seconds for his avalanche or freeze. Don't expect to kill anything with avalanche without power strength as well.

If you have a means to energy, base globe health is pretty irrelevant when you can stack and combine the hp. It's probably a matter of squad comp/ faction you're fighting.

If you have a trin, you basically can stack forever

VS infested, well globe hp matters even less

His build would probably be fine for most things except maybe sorties and long runs.