Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Bombards can hit Limbo

AnJetCat

This happened every single time in most of the Grineer sortie missions.

Grineer Bombards can hit Limbo even when Limbo is currently in Rift Plane.

and if the rocket didn't hit Limbo, the fire on the floor that created by the rocket explosion can still burn Limbo and even kill him in Rift.

that make no sense, cause when Limbo is rift plane, he is suppost to immune to all damages that's not coming from the rift plane, right?

please fix this, thanks.

he's my favorite warframe.

Edited by AnJetCat

• 2 months later...

I found this out a while back too,

After finally adding the Limbo frame to my arsenal I was quite fond of it.
It's a nice frame that trades in most of his other stats for his skill set, which make him a very unique and interesting frame to play.

Ofcourse a decent build would tell us to make a duration build or similar, one that focuses on boosting his supportive side, and thus - his skills.
Instead of focusing on increasing that life pool with some mods like vitality, or rather his shields with some redirection (etc.).

This bug is kind of where making a good and decent build for Limbo ends however.
Because you would suppose that entering the rift (with nothing but you in it) would prevent you from taking any damage at all.
Instead of that you'll find yourself grounded in an instant by some bombards or Scorch fire remains that lie on the ground, previously planted.
It's quite game breaking for a Limbo to find him/herself in such a situation.

Now, on the contrary:

- Warframe abilities do pass over from the rift to the material plane.
  making these specific Grineer units kind of have a counter.
- Playing as Limbo can make some game modes very easy.

However,

Take in mind, that ofcourse these units are still in the material plane, and that the projectiles which cause this damage are in fact also in the material plane.
Also, Limbo is a specific support frame that is best used for specific missions types.

Good examples are Loki, for Spy and Rescue missions. Frost for mobile defense/defense missions. Volt for Capture missions etc..
And just like those frames are good for specific reasons, so is Limbo.
Hence why I don't think that these specific attacks should affect Limbo (or any other Tenno who are in the frame) if cast from the material plane.
I mean, it wouldn't make any sense if 'some' enemies could see Loki while he's invisible for no specific reason other than the 'dispel' effect by for example the stalker.
Or Frost's globe being penetrable by a specific type of sniper.

The point is, this is game breaking for people who like to play a specific type of frame, hence why I think this should be solved ASAP.

I don't like making rants, but seeing as this post has barely any views, I think it's important to not let this thread get covered by dust.

Sincerely,

~ Burrely