Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Migration Issue

Darkkcus

Question

Been having some connectivity issues with my friends. Almost every time we do a mission together I get kicked out saying "host migration" and it happens even if i try to join their session I get disconnected right when I load in. Same thing happens if I host the mission, only they're the ones that get kicked out. Weird thing is if it happens to them they simply just rejoin the session or I invite them and it will work fine. 

I don't know what is causing this. We've only been playing for about  2 weeks now without issue, but ever since the Inaros update I've been having this issue along with random lag that never happened before.

Does anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it. It's infuriating because this game was going so well and now these issues are making it less fun because i can't play with my friends without problems.

3 answers to this question

I know this is not helpful to say this, but I have had the EXACT same issue. Like, on the dot. We have tried literally everything to fix it. We've tried using a middle man, going to the dojo, removing and reinstalling the game (both of us and completely deleting the gamefiles in our computers), disabled our firewalls, changed server region, changed ping limit, changed ports, turned off UPnP and forwarded the ports ourselves; but absolutely nothing has worked. At all. If I connect to him, I disconnect. If he connects to me; he host migrates into his own session. If we both connect to a middle man; the other host migrates or disconnects from the game before they even finish loading. The ooooonly thing that has allowed us to connect to eachother is if someone hosts the clan dojo, we connect to the dojo (he host migrates twice before he can load in), then the original host disconnects. This migrates both of us and lets us be in the dojo together, but only the dojo and trying missions still results in the migration.

The kicker is that before 18.5; like you said, we played together just fine. Like, no connection issues whatsoever and nearly 0 lag (I have fiber optics, so he shouldn't be migrating from my host client.) 

I've clocked 620 hours in this game and this has never happened to me or my friend; just something about this new update is messing with the host migration.

OK, good, it's not just me either.  Been having this exact problem since 18.5.  I can host, but can't play as a client.  Solo runs are not a problem.  I join a group, everything is fine, load times seem a little long, and then I'm in... except all the other frames are running in place.  Then I get kicked during Host Migration, and the dreaded Host Connection Lost.  Rinse, repeat.  Have either of you contacted support?