Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I get Nikana?

(PSN)HomelessSquishy

Question

Hello =D

I have two quick questions about the Nikana. 

One: Is it worth that one Forma that's required to build it? I like the way it looks and all, but want to know if I get rid of a Forma to build it...will I regret it?

Two: This is just a double checking more then anything, but what MR do you need to use it? (i'm MR5) According to the wiki, it's MR4 and I don't see any red text that says I can't use it...yet when I asked some people in my Clan if it was worth the Forma, some  said I needed to be MR10. So, just wanted to double check and see if me being MR5 is high enough to use it or not 

thanx in advanced 

9 answers to this question

Build it, max it, use to craft dragon nikana. Play around with dragon nikana till you get Nikana Prime.

Congratulations! You have just now mastered one of the best melee weapons in the game.

In all seriousness yes build it, but don't invest any potatoes/forma into the weapon since you have to use it to build Dragon Nikana which needs it as a crafting requirement. Those  DO NOT transfer over. If you enjoy the Dragon Nikana slap on a few forma and maybe even a potato. By the time you have farmed Nikana Prime (or bought the parts due to rng being bad) you should have enough spare forma/bps and potatoes to formatato it as well.

well the normal nikana is not too good but the dragon nikana is away better but it need mr 8 + the normal nikana also and there is the prime nikana that is just out few weeks ago this weapon is also so good you need to get it and nikana need mr 4 not mr 10 

A better question to ask is: "Why shouldn't you get the Nikana?" It's a nice good melee weapon, but I would advice against investing any orokin catalysts or forma on it since it's used as a crafting component for the Dragon Nikana -- arguably a much better version of the Nikana.

It indeed has a mastery rank 4 requirement for building it, if it has no restriction or red crosses indicating you can't build it then you're good to go. You can use this page to find out what weapons require what mastery rank.

Edited by NikodemosTheMan

13 minutes ago, NikodemosTheMan said:

A better question to ask is: "Why shouldn't you get the Nikana?" It's a nice good melee weapon, but I would advice against investing any orokin catalysts or forma on it since it's used as a crafting component for the Dragon Nikana -- arguably a much better version of the Nikana.

It indeed has a mastery rank 4 requirement for building it, if it has no restriction or red crosses indicating you can't build it then you're good to go. You can use this page to find out what weapons require what mastery rank.

or you can try to get nikana prime

here is the stats against dragon nikana

Dragon Nikana compared to Nikana Prime :

• Lower base damage (85.0 vs. 95.0).
    • Lower Impact b Impact damage (4.25 vs. 4.8).
    • Higher Puncture bPuncture damage (8.5 vs. 4.8).
    • Lower Slash b Slash damage (72.25 vs. 85.5).
  • Lower critical chance (15.0% vs. 20.0%).
  • Slightly lower attack speed (1.0 vs. 1.08).
  • Lower status chance (15.0% vs. 20.0%)

so yeah if i were you i should try to get nikana prime and its mastery level is 0 so you have no mastery problems then

I'm confused been playing a while now and still always confused. I need a Warframe dictionary but am I missing something? Do y'all mean don't invest forma or resources into it after building it? Bc just to build it and have it to lvl up alone you need to use a forma. Or are y'all saying not to even do that? I figure it's the former since you need the weapon to give for the dragon or whatever but I just don't want to make a mistake. Is there some other way of getting the nikana that doesn't involve the dojo blueprint and building it? Do we get it from a quest or something?

1 hour ago, killian.is.king said:

I'm confused been playing a while now and still always confused.

I'm almost MR 29 and still confused, that's how it is for most people.

I need a Warframe dictionary but am I missing something?

You need to keep the wiki open in a browser window as it has the answers to pretty much everything https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Do y'all mean don't invest forma or resources into it after building it? Bc just to build it and have it to lvl up alone you need to use a forma. Or are y'all saying not to even do that? I figure it's the former since you need the weapon to give for the dragon or whatever but I just don't want to make a mistake.

You only need to add forma once it levels to rank 30 (well some weapons and Nikana included also need it to build) if you want to add more capacity with mods to make it stronger, otherwise level to 30 and then keep it for when you get the dragon nikana blueprint.

Is there some other way of getting the nikana that doesn't involve the dojo blueprint and building it? Do we get it from a quest or something?

The wiki has every weapon and an acquisition section that tells you how to get it.

To you and the OP: I really prefer the Sepfahn as a nikana myself, so get what you can now, but also give that a try when you are ready.

Edited by m_a_r_c_h_