Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Additional objectives should not be mandatory

Swizzlestix

So those of you who caught the event for the 'Rifle Amp' earlier will note how @(*()$ difficult it was, what with having to destroy a lvl 70 Jackal. But hey, that's all fine and whatnot. Fight through level 55 Corpus to get there and back. Took a while and a S#&$load of ammo, but we did it.

Then on our way out, $#*(@-face Lotus over here decides we now have to rescue a Naked Nick. Of course, *NOW* we're bricking it, because no matter how good we are at the game, we now have to babysit the incompetent naked twat with a plethora of pathing issues and no common-sense when it comes to taking @(*()$ cover, let alone a gun it apparently can't even use to save itself.

Hey, note the bad language I'm using! It's because I was actually looking forward to my nice shiny Rifle Amp as reward to the time we wasted killing that Jackal, when in the end all it took was that incompetent son-of-a-$#*(@ to not follow us to safety when the enemy are shoving their guns and shockwaves in our faces. What's more, due to how little time we had to discover the event, and how @(*()$ long it took us to beat the Jackal, we couldn't even retry the mission!

I'm aware there will be other opportunities to get this amp. I'm aware you managed to get the amp all well and good which makes you infinitely superior to myself and my friends. Fact is, this left me thinking that this method of 'spontaneous mission-matching' is unfair and unjust at times. I mean, we still accomplished the initial mission. Why should we outright fail because Little Miss Spokeswoman-of-the-omnipotent-Oracle-who-sure-don't-know-about-S#&$? As much as I'm likely to get over this in the next couple of hours, I like typing this while it's nice and fresh off the &!$$ed-off press and let off a little steam, and I feel it's getting my point across.

Let's round it up without the bad language and obvious petty scorn;

Bonus mission match-ups requested by Lotus mid-mission should not initiate complete mission failure if it is not completed. You should still be expecting some sort of completion for the mission you initially knew you were taking part in when you launched. Even if you don't agree with my post completely, at least agree that something needs to be implemented whilst we still have to babysit Naked Nick in his current AI state. His lack of AI polishing can be the decider in a lot of missions, especially if you're playing solo.

P.S. I'll probably regret posting this later but, eh.

P.P.S. Yes I'm butthurt.

Perhaps don't abandon them entirely, but it would be neat to add extra, optional secondary objectives, that aren't just primary objectives.

Stuff like:

-Kill a key enemy who's trying to escape

-Don't get caught by an enemy to keep an optional door open

things like that, if I can think of anymore.