Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shock Eximus feedback.

Revel72

So... Here comes my opinion about this unit's recent changes. And no I am not salty about it and nor do I care as nuke warframe user or not. That do I get my energy drained all the sudden.

In general on my part. Allowing shock eximus to have AoE that procs Magnetic proc instantly without having an arctic eximus. Is a bit of unfair I admit but I do encourage people to remember. That loosing all energy barely matters what matters is that how you respond to it.

Although where I see the recent shock eximus being more than unfair is in Sorties. In there I think it should be changed a bit.

Naftal's suggestion was to set the ability to trigger at X amount of time spend near of the Shock Eximus. It is a good idea even on my part. Although we need to consider the amount of AoE what Corpus already has.

My own is still that: Shock eximus should be allowed to cast ONLY ONCE per unit. A lightning bolt that chain to other players. Dealing 90% of each players current amount of shields. Excluding overshields. So basically if my Nezha gets struck by this lightning bolt (645 x 0.90 = 580.5) I will be having (645 - 580.5 = 64.5) shields left. As this lightning bolt will not affect over shields. I still have a chance to fight back or run away. Additional effect to this lightning bolt will be 10 seconds extra energy consumption or in general the duration of the shock status change. On my part this can be just as bad for a bit everybody of us from newbie to vet. Note this ability. CAN NOT deal health damage. Yes I am aware that newbies do not have access to these things but the levels where they will be I think it really wouldn't matter which one they get. All their shields nearly taken away or lightning bolt on face.

I just want to highlight one more thing what I want everybody to consider while reading this all and thinking about it.

Major amount of your life time is spent in learning and you should expect finding something to learn a bit everywhere and in any form.

One of my friends or my kin said this to me. And after giving it a bit of thought... I just couldn't say anything against it. It is true but thing is that we need to discuss about the Shock Eximus ability in general. Not the proc they unleash at us.

Q&A:

Q: Why not just change the magnetic proc?

A: That would make things WAY too easy. Especially if we are facing Infested who are already quite laughably easy except what comes on sortie mutators and enemy level in them.

Q: Why your suggestion's lightning bolt shouldn't affect over shields?

A: Because this will highlight and take items what we really don't see much in use. Back in to game and thoughts of people what comes on in this game's a bit more tough parts of it. Besides if you were smart enough to get yourself some over shields as Mag with the Shield Polarize augment or use the shield restores. You just made a game changing decision. What actually saved your life in probably high possibility of death situation or situations.

Q: What about the newbies?

A: I admit that this will be tough to them but just like I said. Learning is major part of our lives. If you engage something what you are not familiar with. You should in general keep your distance and consider what you should do and experiment what the unit does when there is only you and the enemy.
Q: What your thoughts about the Shock Eximus changes? Give us a bit more bigger picture.

A: I am open to new challenges in medium level to easy. This change is fine to me (although did come as a surprise). Because game is an action game. It needs deliver the message that the character who I control is indeed always in danger if I am not being aware of my surroundings and not choosing my strategies and actions properly. Although what comes on Tactical Alerts and Sorties. Things are a bit more different. Loosing all of your energy and pretty much getting stripped off near all of my shields. Pretty much matters enough to me that I need to seek another way to approach the problems what I have at hand currently and in future.

What comes on sorties, survivals, defenses and interceptions what can go on to even more higher levels. The current shock eximus ability is just way too strong but I blame the ability not the status change. Because infested has this too. Ancient Disruptors. Grineer and Corpus teaches us the value of cover and fact that we must stay on the move but Infested teaches us the value of constant awareness of your surroundings and choosing correct methods to each problem you encounter one at the time even they also teaches us to stay on the move. Also they teaches the value of prioritizing what happens just as much in sides of  Grineer and Corpus. Although in Infested side the ability prioritize has a bit more value than what it has against Grineer but just as much as it has with Corpus.

There comes the fact that getting constantly bombarded with magnetic proc. Against that I am too. That why I think that my suggestion should be considerably good.

Anyway I hope this was good feedback and something to read. And I will see you guys in the battlefield probably.

Edited by Revel72