Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Glaxion/Lanka usable at higher levels?

Teleportalist

Question

Curious. Freeze ray is pretty fun to use, but doesn't strike me as viable. Haven't tried the Lanka yet, but I'm going to be brewing one pretty soon, as the charging nature of the rifle reminds me of TF.

Spoiler

Also because it's a railgun and that's pretty sweet.

7 answers to this question

Yes.
The Lanka does scale quite well into late game. (The lanka is my primary of choice)
The Lanka also has a passive punch through, and as enemies like to walk in straight lines, it is quite satisfying to kill multiple enemies with a single shot. This also helps as far as gaining a scoped combo is concerned.
However it does heavily rely on status damages, so you will need to make multiple builds for different enemy factions.
I use the lanka to melt heavies thanks to their status weaknesses. And it does enough damage to kill the smaller enemies without the status.
The only real drawback, is getting used to it's charge time, and projectile travel speed.
I don't know much about the glaxion, sorry.

Edit: I didn't know how the reply and answer things differed. Turns out they don't. Now I look silly.

Edited by CampingSnake

3 minutes ago, Teleportalist said:

Curious. Freeze ray is pretty fun to use, but doesn't strike me as viable. Haven't tried the Lanka yet, but I'm going to be brewing one pretty soon, as the charging nature of the rifle reminds me of TF.

Reveal hidden contents

Also because it's a railgun and that's pretty sweet.

Glaxion is viable for high level captures if you don't play solo. Example: Player 1 freezes target, Player 2 slaughters them. More viable early on, before your tonkor/dread/vectisP can one hit targets regardless. Lanka is horrible IN COMPARISON to other weapons, and I find it to be totally un-viable, if you want to use a sniper rifle, run Vectis P. Between charge time and projectile travel time, Lanka just isn't worth it. (Nb4 salty players "u r not skilled enough to lead shots n00b")

The Lanka was pretty fun, but the charge time does seem to hinder it. Course, once I got my Snipetron Vandal, I basically tossed it in the corner with the other weapons I spent precious resources (i.e. plat or forma) on and ended up getting something better... so you shouldnt take my word for it.