Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Lottery

Keiiken

Why no with no explanation? What is one mod a day going to hurt? On the other hand if you get a rare mod you have no use for imagine being able to reroll it for a chance at another rare mod?
Imagine getting a pistol mod when you want a shotgun, rifle or sniper mod.

I agree with no. The problem is the overall way the mod tables are being utilized. Another random aspect that could not even change what you get would do nothing to fix the underlying problem that mod drop rates are messed up on all fronts except defense missions right now, and those don't even help to get certain mods, so it's still a crap shoot.

Fix what's actually wrong, don't just put a bandaid over it.

I agree with no. The problem is the overall way the mod tables are being utilized. Another random aspect that could not even change what you get would do nothing to fix the underlying problem that mod drop rates are messed up on all fronts except defense missions right now, and those don't even help to get certain mods, so it's still a crap shoot. Fix what's actually wrong, don't just put a bandaid over it.

I think you misundertand my intention. It not a case of trying to fix mod drop rates I did not say change the mod for a completley random one but for one of the same rarity, no better no less just a different one.

I think you misundertand my intention. It not a case of trying to fix mod drop rates I did not say change the mod for a completley random one but for one of the same rarity, no better no less just a different one.

Still does not solve the underlying problem that mod drop rates are terribad and should be reworked. If mods are still hard as hell to get after that gets fixed, the idea may have merit. As it is now, it's just a bandaid.

Still does not solve the underlying problem that mod drop rates are terribad and should be reworked. If mods are still hard as hell to get after that gets fixed, the idea may have merit. As it is now, it's just a bandaid.

This not about fixing the droprates problem. How many time do I have to say that?

No matter how the droprates are altered we will always get mods we do not want.

Edited by Keiiken

This not about fixing the droprates problem.

That's actually the problem. Your proposed concept does nothing to alter the mod drop rates, which means it is taking the current drops rates into account. It will do nothing to get people better mods. It will most likely only succeed in giving them more things they still don't want as they jump back and forth between a hand full of things they're still not looking for. This is why I continue to bring up the drop rates. The drop rates are the whole problem with people not getting the mods they want. Until they're fixed, your idea isn't any better than what people are already doing right now without it.

Even if this was implemented the majority of mods are power mods, you'll trade in your rare mod in hopes of getting something else and end up getting a power mod instead. I don't even know why power mods are in the drop pool, you get one of each when you build the frame and they are relatively easy to fuse up even without duplicates. =_=

I think this is funny that once one says no everyone has not extra thought process that they just jump on board.. however i also agree with no for a few reasons 1 this game is not a ez one and it requires farming.. i love farming for mods what in the hell would this game be with no farming for mods or mats or bps.. S#&$ i tell u, S#&$.. and by that i mean i have about 100 of certain rare mods that seem common why would that be fair to trade 1 to get like multishot.. if that happened i would stop playing forever cause multishot right now is driving me to play!.

o i got multishot for pistol then shotgun.. I WANT IT FOR RIFLE !!! ARGH

It wouldn't be a major change but it would be an added chance to get a mod you actually want. PLus my suggestion is not to allow you to spam it by limiting how often you could do it. Lets face it another chance is not a guarantee and you will still have to farm but like scratch offs and lottery tickets who wouldn't want the chance to risk and possibly win.

I have a random chance to get every mod when I pick up a drop. Am I going to use any of the frost mods I seem to always get? Well, I can max snow globe without using a different mod fusion but I onlu get pistol multishot ever.

But every drop gives me hope.

I'll paraphrase Penn Gillette, Mod lotteries are a tax on people who dont understand statistics.