The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Monitor No Signal, when dx 10 and 11 ON

Blackryuu

Hi Guys, Uhm so I'm having so hard time with Warframe..Just got my new PC and i get non-stop Black Screen - No Signal, when DX 10 and 11 are on, or even only dx 10 or 11.Aside from that even tried on all screen mods available, and still nothing just No Signal, need to restart my PC and still No Signal, need to shut down afterwards, and then power ON... Any help pleae..? Pissing me off so much, And by the way I am with old monitor 1680-1050 running with old dvi jack, connecting to my Video with dvi-hdmi connector!

PC SPECS:

i7 4790
GTX 970 - Gigabyte Mini ITX Edition
16 Gig Ram
400 PSU
SSD - OS
HARDISK - Other Stuff

Thanks in advance!

Just gonna throw this out there, although potentially completely unrelated to your issue; you need a new PSU. You have top of the line hardware there, with a PSU that barely provides the needed power to your System. Get at least 650W. You're going to get short-outs and potentially ruin your expensive hardware just for being a cheapskate on your PSU. If that PSU asks for too much wattage from your mains due to your System needing more power to even handle half that hardware on high usage, you can expect your PSU to not have enough coil to manage that much wattage, and it'll fry parts of your System, if not entirely, as it'll just end up giving you unfiltered amounts of Wattage to your hardware. Been there, done that.

Just saying :)

Edited by Steviie
Typo

I agree with Steviie. A new, good quality PSU is really needed for a build like like that. Some of the higher end 650 - 750 watt units from manufacturers like Seasonic, EVGA, or Corsair are a good place to start. You will save yourself from a lot of problems in the long run. In addition, it may actually solve your problem with the black screens because your graphics card might be drawing more power when under a more advanced graphics API like DX 10/11 as opposed to the default DX 9 (forgive me if I'm wrong about this). Just a thought.

I've never really had any problems with black screens in warframe and I've been playing since U11-ish

My PSU: EVGA 750 G2

16 hours ago, Somb3rBivalve said:

Okay, but why does this not happen on more CPU-GPU Intense Games? Only on Warframe and few times on Tera, but Tera is broken so.. Also i did turn off Nvidia CUDA in Control Panel, maxed out the Game, did the job for few days, but today i had Black Screen No Signal just minute ago.. Idk what to do really, is it the Monitor or PSU, I feel like Warframe Support is ignoring this problem...

The 970 GTX does not draw much power he can make it on 400W but its very low i agree (Allways buy dubble power then you need couse then PSU runs passive mode under 50% load) however i have same card and same problem black screen when full screen with DX11 it might work but if i ALT tab it will go to window mode, if i then change to full screen ill get black screen no signal. This seams like a bug only happens in Warframe no other game.

Edited by Lolish

• 3 weeks later...

Recommended PSU for GTX 970 is 500W** 
** Recommendation is made based on PC configured with an Intel Core i7 3.2 GHz processor. Pre-built system may require less power depending on system configuration

Source:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-970/specifications

When I was buying a new GPU I chose GTX 960 (4Gb version) because I had 500W psu. My system configuration eats bit more power on full load so it would not handle GTX 970. To run it stable I would need to remove some additional peripherals attached to my system. Back then I was not afforded to buy a new psu so I went with a compromise. Anyways I can always upgrade :)