The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Overclocking Yields Game Speed Increase

Guest InfluenceDevice

Guest InfluenceDevice

I normally run an OC'd rig, but I have had it on stock for quite a while; an (old) i7 875K, Geforce 680.

You'd think that it wasn't a bug - but what overclocking did is increase the speed of the entire game for me. This isn't (just) an FPS increase, it's an entire game speed change - you run faster, you reload faster.

Anyone else noticed this?

Guest InfluenceDevice

No effect. It should not affect client game speed anyway - I'll chuck it at support and see what they say.

My rig is currenty OC'd for 5.2Ghz with 2 OC'd GTX680's... in fact, anything that can be oc'd is oc'd.  I always run with vsync on.  I turned it off for a second to test it out, no change in the games running speed.

Guest InfluenceDevice

I did a side-by side run on vanilla Excalibur Prime with a friend - no mods, stock unranked weapons, no sentinel. When my PC is OC'd, I run 10-15% faster, even if they are hosting. Drop the PC back to stock clock speed and the Warframes run at equal speed.

This has gone over to the support guys as it's bordering on an exploit.

Yea this game is known to have a lot of issues with framerate. Lower framerate gives lower firerate, walking upstairs will block you, speed is slower. Higher framerate gives tons of advantages. I normally run this game at 120fps capped.