The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's talk Vauban.

Thodor1s

Ok, this might be because Vauban is like... my favorite frame. But it's not just that. I can't help but feel that he has been forgotten by DE, and his incredible design isn't fully realized with the current graphic tools the game has to offer.

There are 2 essential visual problems I see with Vauban by using him... A LOT.

1) His back has the weirdest collision pattern in the game. Literally all syandanas look bad on Vauban. And that's a real shame. The back of the warframe is literally all we see for like 90% of our time in warframe. At some point, even the slightest thing really puts you out of the experience. I can't help but feel that this is an artifact of some sort and has an easy fix, and I urge DE to look at this issue with other frames as well, starting with the biggest offender, Vauban. We paid real money for those skins and syandanas and it sucks that sometimes they look like like they are pushed by invisible bumps.

iQU6uzk.jpg

2) His... how do you say that? The highlighted element in the picture is completely wrong. In the original design I guess it is supposed to be some sort of cloth, or something... I can't tell. The things is, it moves together with Vauban's legs while not connected to them in any way. It's really off-putting. I can see how at the time it wasn't really possible to add physics based-components on warframe armor, but now literally every other warframe out there has cloths, plastics and all kinds of movement based things. And Trinity's Spider was given some rework so why not Vauban's... thing? 

llkqooY.jpg

I don't think that these are game-breaking incredible issues. and they seem like easy fixes, but what do I know? I am sure that if Vauban was the last warframe DE released it would have all those things I am talking about. My complain isn't really about Vaubans design (and don't you dare change it). It's about the implementation of that design. It needs a very subtle, very slight rework in those specific areas imo.