The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ps4 Strict nat detected please forward ports

hhhhhkqqpi

Question

First off I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I need help with warframe on the ps4. I recently started playing warframe on the ps4 and as soon as I started it said I had a strict nat and to open ports 4950 and 4955 I wasn't really surprised by this because I remember it used to say that all the time on pc even though it was wrong. For the first couple of days I didn't really do anything about it because it wasn't a problem but I decided to try and fix it,(I have forwarded ports on my router before successfully but I am not the greatest at it) I went and forwarded the ports and it seemed to work, it no longer said I had a strict nat type, then a few day later it said strict nat type open ports 4950 and 4955 I ignored it and it was fine but then today i tried to play and warframe started acting very strangely, I finished a mission and then a message popped up saying could not save profile or something like that, I then tried to do another mission and it would not launch, I closed the application and then restarted it, on the update screen it said it could not connect to the server. I took a break played something else then my friend got on and said it was working for him so I tried again, it connected but then said i had a strict nat, I tried to play a mission and the mission bugged out then I tried to play with my friend and it immediately kicked me to the ship. I went back to my router settings and tried to change the IP address to what warframe was saying but then warframe said I had to make sure that my firewall was letting warframe through. I changed the port IP address back to what I thought it should be and it has gone back to saying my nat type is strict. So now I am here trying to figure out how to fix the issue I am not sure where the problem is and where i should contact support.

My router is a cisco DPC3825. I do not know that much about firewalls and even less how it could be affecting my ps4, helpful comments would be nice.

Also my ps4 network test says nat type 2, 27Mbps down and 2Mbps up.

So after speaking with my ISP support they helped me set up a static IP for the PS4 and then open ports as well as turning on DMZ now the game is saying that the ports need to be opened on the firewall but the support rep said that that should not be happening so now the problem is with the game itself

on a related note this is the only game i have issues with

problem solved disregard 

Edited by hhhhhkqqpi

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet