Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Buffing Bosses

BoompigXD

Another boss to be updated would be Tyl Regor. If I remember correctly he's supposed to be the guy that is in charge of advancing Grineer cybernetics. So....shouldn't he have some advance prototypes? At least special abilities. Right now, he is the most boring boss. He's mid tier (level 18-20 I think?) and all he does is melee and run a bit faster than normal units. Even Vor has his teleport. If any boss is a nothing more than a bullet sponge, it's Regor.

I'll do him next. Probably tie in his work with the boss fight (gene repair and improvement)

First off, bosses should not be impossible to solo, period. They should be challenging, yes, but bosses being one of the most important parts of a PvE game and the key to getting rare mats and BPs, making bosses impossible to solo is a big middle finger salute to anyone with a bad internet connection or players living in different parts of the world (bad ping), not to mention the presence of squads for boss missions is extremely inconsistent. One of the things i loved about Warframe is that I didn't need to potentially wait hours for a squad to show up, I didn't have to depend on PUGs, I could go challenge or farm a boss whenever i wanted as long as I was decently geared for it, and it was fun and challenging to fight a boss on my own.

Maybe introduce enemy damage scaling based on existing number of players in the squad (not health though, that'd just lead to trolling. At least damage can be scaled up or down on the fly). Or, even better, introduce special attacks that are only triggered when there are multiple players (i.e. old Seekers, who could deploy Nervos in multiplayer only). Make a multiplayer boss fight a different experience and still challenging, don't make solo boss fights impossible.

Secondly, concerning each of the OP's suggestions.

Nef Anyo: Do NOT remove his weakness to electricity. That is the trademark of all Corpus units. What SHOULD be done is reducing the stun caused by electrical damage, such as turning that pathetic "flailing" animation into a simple stagger to reduce stunned time, and introducing an immunity timer to prevent chain-stunning. Weakness to electrical damage should always remain. No grenade spam, that does not fit him. Instead, give his smoke bomb additional effects. Summon Ospreys, yes to that. Do NOT buff his fire rate, he's using a handheld railgun, he's supposed to shoot slow. Buffing damage, that's a big "maybe". What should be done is, again, giving the railgun some new effects, such as the ability to puncture through props and players, complete armor ignore etc. NO STUN TRAPS, no to any kind of stunlock or long periods of agency removal.

Ambulas: I'm sorry but those ideas are horrible. The spam kicking really doesn't fit well (and it would be spamming knockdowns anyway). Utilising his agility should be done in a better way than just making him rediculously hard to shoot at. In fact, IMO Ambulas needs a complete rework of most of his abilities in general, but that's for my own thread.

Sargas Ruk: No to mook spam, especially with the unavoidable bullet attractor skill he can throw on you. He can start with a squad, but should not spawn additional minions afterwards. If possible, improve AI on his squad. Again, Ruk would need a complete rework, not just a buff.

In fact, IMO, most bosses are pretty much just placeholders right now. All of them require a complete rework, just like Lech Kril had and J3 Golem will. I'm writing threads suggesting the possible reworks for each of these bosses, though i'm gonna post them AFTER E3, since the devs would be too busy preparing for that right now to read the forums.

Bumping Again (you never saw this post)

Don't lie.

EDIT:

And actually I disagree with you madotsuki. Bosses should be things that are literally tackled by groups. Now at the same time I also believe that storage containers should have a 1% chance to drop rare materials and lockers have a 0.5% chance to drop them to grant the ability to get those materials outside of boss fights. On the same token I believe these rare materials need to be a completely separate drop chance on the bosses that is fairly decent(so we can potentially see mod, blueprint, resource, and rare resource drop at once), maybe 20-30% chance.

Edited by Ghobe

Bosses don't really need buffs, they need actual boss mechanics that make gameplay fun.

My exact thoughts. Bosses dont need to be stronger or have more attacks, they need to be smarter and involve more interraction, rather than "shoot it in weakpoint till its dead", which is applies to majority of bosses right now.

Edited by cooler_sk

You know, not every player that plays Warframe uses level 30, potatoed, Formad gear and is farming said boss for the umptillionth rime.

Some of the Warframe community has yet to even kill said boss, and buffing those bosses would exlude the newer community that much more.

No, don't buff the bosses.

You know, not every player that plays Warframe uses level 30, potatoed, Formad gear and is farming said boss for the umptillionth rime.

Some of the Warframe community has yet to even kill said boss, and buffing those bosses would exlude the newer community that much more.

There exists a grey area between every boss having the mechanics: "hide behind crate when shields are gone" with "shoot in face while have shields" and making it so hard that it can't be done without 120 mod capacity gear set on 4 people using voice chat to communicate without ptt.

It is possible for a boss to be hard without being a gear check. We've already seen a boss with this capacity: Jackal, who can only be dealt so much damage per vulnerability period.

Edited by Ghobe

You're right... But some of the bosses are easy to beat while underleveled, unpotatoed, and unformad. Golem jumps into my mind first.

But still, in response to the general idea that lower leveled players would have entirely too hard a time with buffed bosses, I created a thread with an idea that should keep both low leveled and high leveled players happy: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/62758-suggestion-hidden-bosses/

I'd love some more feedback on the idea if you have the time. :D