The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Servers Still Down???

(PSN)s0193290

Question

U guys i just wanted to if this is normal so waked up and went to play warframe on ps4 so i tried to log in and it said that login in failed timed out i tried out a couple of times and it didnt work so is this a server problem or what ??? plz answer im really worried . and been playing warframe for 19 days now and been loving it so far thnx in advance 

2 answers to this question

If you wanna know whats going on, read about all you need to know in the excerpt from the: Connectivity Issues: All you need to know thread

Dear Tenno,

With the big number of threads about the connectivity issues and the current events, here a topic with all you need to know. Be sure to read this before you post about your issues. 

What are the current connectivity issues?

Mostly being unable to form a squad, get kicked out of a mission and being unable to log in. 

How did these issues start and what is the cause of it? 

Last night, around 19:00 UTC Warframe got under attack of a DDoS attack. This means that someone tried to take the servers down by trying to access it over its limit. This meant that the servers were hard to reach for us players. 

Now the attack had waned and there is also a post made by DE about it (https://forums.warframe.com/topic/622900-march-11-connectivity-issues-cause-analysis/).Still the servers aren't up to max atm.

Who attacked the servers and why?

As of yet, we don't know. Without any official statement on that it's  all speculation.  (Signs do seem to indicate strong corpus patterns, maybe a new corpus way to stop the Tenno :P)

I get a message telling me to forward my ports due to a strict NAT, what does this mean? 

This message is triggered when the system detects that your connection to the servers isn't perfect. Most of the time this is cause by your NAT, hence the message. However this time the problem lays at the servers, not your NAT. 

Do I need to change my ports/settings? 

NO, unless you are sure it are your ports, do not change your settings. Your computer or console is fine, so don't mess up what is working just good. 

What do I do then? 

Wait, try and see if you can get in and in the mean time do something else. No need to get frustrated, just be cool and wait for it to be fixed. 

My friend says he can play just fine, but I can't, is it fixed? 

Be sure to check the forums, but it can also just be that your friend got lucky. The game isn't down, just experiencing server difficulties. So you may get in if you're lucky. 

Should I post on the forums about my issues? 

Don't post mindlessly about your NAT and what you need to change. But do post about that the problem is still occurring at your place. Make sure that DE can get to know how it's at your place. However, do not make new threads for your specific issues. Find a thread which discusses this problem and add in a comment. In this way we keep it all organised and clean. 

What about Baro, what about the booster, what about my life? 

As to the booster and Baro, who cannot be used to their full potential, there is no official answer. Only that the devs will look into that when the smoke has cleared. It may just be that DE will extend them, or not. We don't know. As to your life, we can't decide on that. 

As of now, that's all folks. If you have any questions or additions, post them down below. And above all, stay cool, keep calm and carry on. [\quote]