The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Divine Spears

Malthariel

Question

Can someone please help demystify this strange phenomenon? I was giving Nezha a whirl in the simulacrum, and noticed that my Mara Detron was doing insane amounts of damage after I impaled high level heavy gunners and bombards. Normally, without having them impaled, it took MUCH longer to kill them. When I looked closer into the matter, I noticed that shooting impaled enemies caused the multishot to increase by a huge amount, I couldn't analyse because the screen was flooded with numbers. Then i tried with primaries (less multishot) like the dread, and still noticed a increase in multishot, albeit significantly lower than when i had used Mara detron. Anyways, the wiki says nothing about this aspect of Divine Spears. Does anyone know what is going on exactly? I have actually tried this with a whole slew of weapons, no other weapon besides Mara Detron seem to get any where near the same amount of damage boost.

4 answers to this question

A long while back, there was a bug where AoE weapons like the Ignis would magically do ridiculous amounts of damage to enemies that were ragdolled. It took everyone a long time to find out why it was happening, until the devs realized that it was because when an enemy was ragdolled, each individual part of the enemy (head, chest, forearm, etc) would count as a separate entity that the weapon could hit and damage (so, a single burst of the Ignis would hit a crapton of different body parts at once), and all of that damage would go straight into the enemy's health.

It might be something similar happening here. If you've got a punchthrough mod on your Detron, maybe try it out with a weapon that you know for sure doesn't have punchthrough?

Edited by SortaRandom

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

A long while back, there was a bug where AoE weapons like the Ignis would magically do ridiculous amounts of damage to enemies that were ragdolled. It took everyone a long time to find out why it was happening, until the devs realized that it was because when an enemy was ragdolled, each individual part of the enemy (head, chest, forearm, etc) would count as a separate entity that the weapon could hit and damage (so, a single burst of the Ignis would hit a crapton of different body parts at once), and all of that damage would go straight into the enemy's health.

Increased damage VS ragdolled enemies should be implemented as a feature. Afterall, an enemy who cannot guard or evade surely should receive more damage.

Ok, punch through seems to be the culprit. I tried killing heavy gunners in the simulacrum with Mara Detron whilst impaled. I tried it with two builds, both being identical except one had seeker installed and the other didn't. The one with seeker installed did ridiculous amounts of damage, while the other one did normal damage as if the gunner had not been impaled. Is this punch through mechanic vs ragdolled enemies intended, or is it a bug?