Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want some sort of passive energy regen

Huxxy

The only thing that seperates warframes are the skin, and the skills. But if I have to hold all my skills in because I need to make sure I have enough energy for emergencies all I have are my guns and that's boring.

I feel like it doesn't matter what frame I'm playing right now.

I think there should be a standard, slow energy regen or some mod or something.

I 100% agree with this. What makes each frame unique is their skill set, but, as of now, all frames play almost the same exact way. I wouldn't mind if skills were toned down a bit as long as I can use them and not feel like I wasted a precious resource (energy) on a few minions.

Edited by Limyc

Now that energy orbs can be picked up by anyone, there's plenty to go around. To be honest, I think there's too much energy available at the moment. I use powers pretty much every time I encounter more than 2 or 3 enemies and still usually have enough in reserve to fire off my ultimate.

An idea I like better that's been tossed around a few times is skill based energy gathering. It's covered in the excellent post here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/5287-top-5-leaderboard-player-breaking-down-the-combat-and-suggestions-to-improve-it/

The idea is that you're awarded energy (I think calling it "focus" would be better with this system) when you perform difficult actions. For example a headshot might give you 5, a headshot while sliding 15, and a headshot while doing a dive could give 25. This system would provide a more reliable and player involving way to generate energy and would motivate people to play in more exciting ways, in addition to rewarding more skilled players.

An idea I like better that's been tossed around a few times is skill based energy gathering. It's covered in the excellent post here: https://forums.warfr...-to-improve-it/

The idea is that you're awarded energy (I think calling it "focus" would be better with this system) when you perform difficult actions. For example a headshot might give you 5, a headshot while sliding 15, and a headshot while doing a dive could give 25. This system would provide a more reliable and player involving way to generate energy and would motivate people to play in more exciting ways, in addition to rewarding more skilled players.

You reconcile this with accurate versus inaccurate weapons how? Please don't be the kind of scrublord who beats his chest about how shotguns/Gorgon are for "unskilled" players. Nothing good will come from tying rewards to a narrow mechanic that doesn't accurately represent the tactics that actually win matches.

You reconcile this with accurate versus inaccurate weapons how? Please don't be the kind of scrublord who beats his chest about how shotguns/Gorgon are for "unskilled" players. Nothing good will come from tying rewards to a narrow mechanic that doesn't accurately represent the tactics that actually win matches.

Did I really have state that the example of headshots was just one of many? Headshots are easier to get with shotguns and the gorgon at close range anyway... Ideally you would be awarded the most energy for using effective tactics. Sliding and dodging and jumps shots should have actual uses beyond looking cool, at least in the harder areas of the game. They actually were useful in the brief period after shields were nerfed but before they were buffed again.

Now that energy orbs can be picked up by anyone, there's plenty to go around. To be honest, I think there's too much energy available at the moment. I use powers pretty much every time I encounter more than 2 or 3 enemies and still usually have enough in reserve to fire off my ultimate.

Admit it Seal, you got your leaderboard slot by playing a Trinity, keeping link active at all times, and giving enemies "hate hugs". :P

Admit it Seal, you got your leaderboard slot by playing a Trinity, keeping link active at all times, and giving enemies "hate hugs". :P

Yea, the pointlessness of ranking players by kill count is a whole other topic... It's kind of a slap in the face to support players. Would be amazing if someone actually got to the top doing that, though.

Did I really have state that the example of headshots was just one of many? Headshots are easier to get with shotguns and the gorgon at close range anyway... Ideally you would be awarded the most energy for using effective tactics. Sliding and dodging and jumps shots should have actual uses beyond looking cool, at least in the harder areas of the game. They actually were useful in the brief period after shields were nerfed but before they were buffed again.

So what you're saying is that we should reward "effective tactics" by rewarding vanity moves that are not, in fact, effective tactics?

That's what you're saying?

Edited by lamiadomina

I think the current 'shared energy orb' provide my frame with enough energy to use my powers frequently through out the mission. If any change should be made then it's the action system tied to energy system (above mentioned 'focus') would be a good idea since Warframe obviously can register a sliding/jumping kill.

Frame diversity can also be achieved through other means which aren't the point of this discussion.

So what you're saying is that we should reward "effective tactics" by rewarding vanity moves that are not, in fact, effective tactics?

That's what you're saying?

The part of my post you bolded literally says that I believe what are currently just vanity moves(sliding, jumpshots etc.) should be made effective tactics. I really can't think of a way to state it any more clearly. If the game was difficult enough to require the use of these moves to survive at the highest level of play, I think the game would be improved. If there was the additional incentive of energy rewards for effective use of these moves, people might play in a more exciting and tactically effective way.

Edited by Sealgaire

This is the Strun

shotgunspread.jpg

Note that even at point blank range, one of the 10 pellets is not where it should be.

The Boar is so inaccurate I swear every time you fire 4 pellets go in front of you, 1 goes behind you.

However, I agree that sliding/rolling/etc should be alot faster. I think you do have a head hitbox(sometimes if you are moving, a level 1 sawman will inflict a 50 damage hit instead of the 100 damage hits you recieve if you are standing still), but it's hard to tell if this actually makes a whit of difference.

I'm still not getting where the disconnect is. The moves that award energy should be the same moves that "actually win matches". The problem is that these moves currently serve no purpose beyond aesthetics. If these moves increased your survivability, even without granting you energy, the skill ceiling of the game could be raised. If they also served as a way to allow use of your abilities more often, it would be a more reliable and interesting way to get energy. It wouldn't work as the only way to gather energy, but would add a layer of depth beyond that of a simple regeneration system.

Edited by Sealgaire

Any resource gain should be tied to damage done on skillshot/styleshots, not individual bullets.

If you want a great example of how risky/stylish play is rewarded, play DE's last game The Darkness 2.

+10 for regular kills, +20 for headshots, +25 for standard melee, +30 for grab kills including life and ammo recovery, temporary shields, etc. If you do something really cool like impale a bunch of guys with a thrown pipe, or slice someone's head off with a thrown fan, bullet time kicks in, which lets you do even more cool S#&$. Being stylish and using all your tools is actually the optimum way to play.

Well, said moves do serve a purpose currently however that purpose mostly falls on a defensive playstyle. Because it's so easy to build excessive offense players see little point to using them other than to look cool as doing them genrally causes a temporary drop in damage output.

Well, said moves do serve a purpose currently however that purpose mostly falls on a defensive playstyle. Because it's so easy to build excessive offense players see little point to using them other than to look cool as doing them genrally causes a temporary drop in damage output.

They don't serve much of a purpose right now because enemies don't deal enough damage for players to resort to defensive tactics. If players did take more damage, you'd see them using moves like slide and dodge to reduce the amount of fire they take, and they'd have to learn to shoot while performing them or reduce their own damage output.

Edited by Sealgaire

The acrobatics don't even have a defensive purpose right now since they have no invincibility frames. Anything a roll or backflip does can be accomplished with a slide, which doesn't lock you into an uncancellable animation and prevent your attacks. I'm basically always just sliding or jump sliding everywhere.

Edited by t3st