Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Azima- styled weapon concepts Lumus and Sol

Iceheart125

So, i had a dream last night, thinking of the Azima, and how radically different it looks and seems to feel compared to the other Tenno weapons, and my mind came up with some new secondaries, and elements. Uncreative, perhaps. but i liked them, and i thought others might.

ELEMENTS: SOLAR AND LUNAR

Solar Damage- on proc, a bright flash of light that blinds enemies in a 8m radius, opening them to finishers for a short time.

Lunar Damage- on proc, a shockwave that induces the sleep effect in a 5m radius for a short time. 

These elements would have about the same weaknesses and resistances as blast damage, excelling not against enemies for the damage, but the utility.

They would NOT combine with other elements.

ELEMENT MISC.

Sentients would adapt to these elemental effects 2x faster than other elements, but adapting one element costs the sentient 'gates' on their health, instead of four resistances, a sentient fighter resisting both Solar and Lunar damage cannot adapt to any other elements. 

(If we HAD Orokin enemies past the drone, perhaps they could have altered values, but.)

Or, solar damage combines on proc all equipped base  elemental damage procs at x% power and effectiveness (1 is 100%, 4 is 25% each) effect  on proc, and lunar does the same for physical damage, at y% (1 is 100%, 3 is 33.3%)- both were in the dream, but.. eh, i like the top better.

LUMUS

'An ancient Orokin burst pistol used by Guardian hunting Tenno of old'

Suggested stats

Puncture: 15

Moon: 40

Fire rate: 12 (burst 4)

Magazine 24

Status chance: 20%

Crit chance: 15%

Crit damage 2x

Reload 1.4s

Similar to a Bolto in form and shape, this pistol is black and silver, longer and sleeker.

Alt fire: fires a continuous laser beam that consumes 2 rounds/sec for a 35%base status, 20 moon damage/sec.

SOL

'A heavy, blinding brute of a weapon favored by the more savage pirates of the orokin era'

Suggested stats

Slash: 15

Sun: 60

(Fires 5 pellets, each dealing 15 damage)

Fire rate: 10

Magazine 36

Status chance: 12.5%

Crit chance: 20%

Crit damage 3x

Reload 1.8s

Looking more like the Brakk than other Tenno weapons, swathed in yellow with silver trim.

Alt fire: fires a slug costing 6 rounds. 1m punchthrough, with a 5m blast on initial impact.

Edited by Iceheart125

I'm going based off appearance, not function. And the elements wouldn't be unique to these two guns. Those aren't syndicate procs, those are bullet procs. 1 and 3 meters aren't much in a radial burst, but firing into a crowded hallway, a hail of procs could pretty well shut a lot of enemies down. I'll go in-game and look at distances in a few hours, but yeah, perhaps 5 and 8 meters might be better.

1 hour ago, Rehtael7 said:

Ummm... If these are meant to be counterparts to the Azima, shouldn't they function... You know, like the Azima?

They're not based off of it's secondary fire trait, but appearance- pretty much all nonprime tenno weapons are silver and wood, then there's this bright and shiny white blue! I might try to make rough paint drawings of them appearance wise, and maybe secondary fire traits that aren't carbon copies.

37 minutes ago, Iceheart125 said:

They're not based off of it's secondary fire trait, but appearance- pretty much all nonprime tenno weapons are silver and wood, then there's this bright and shiny white blue! I might try to make rough paint drawings of them appearance wise, and maybe secondary fire traits that aren't carbon copies.

I can name plenty that are other colors and designs. Latron, Lex, Akzani, Soma, Aksomati, Dual Raza, Panthera, Imperator, Rubico, Castanas, Talons, etc.

ill put some more thought into them, and edit this tomorrow with some more details. The azima seems new to me because it looks a lot more prime than a lot of the others, there's a distinct difference between the styling of it and say, the Panthera. I'll try to figure out what it is I see, and try to emphasize it.