Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Additions To The Alert System

TehLaggy

I think we can all agree that the alert system, while a good incentive to check Twitter and hop in-game on paper, needs work.

First off, I believe there's been confirmation that resource alerts will in fact go in. That's good, and will go a long way in generating more incentive in doing them. But even then, here are some ballpark ideas for additions to alerts.

- REMOVE or REDUCE the prevalence of credit-only alerts (they should be 50% at MOST). I'm counting resource rewards as not credit-only, mind.

- Random BPs for frame parts (i.e. Mag Helmet Blueprint, Nyx Chassis Blueprint, etc. - let casual players who don't want to farm the same boss dozens of times be able to slowly work on their collection, or get that missing part they haven't picked up yet)

- Random Uncommon or Rare mod (completely random per squad, not alert-specific, to be clear)

- More artifacts (and potentially some artifact rebalance; everyone runs Energy Siphon or the occasional Enemy Radar)

- Artifact levels (obtaining the same artifact increases its potency. Wouldn't even mind if that meant everyone's current artifacts got nerfed to below current effects - it would encourage people to run artifact alerts at least multiple times. It could max out as high as 30 times - seriously, why not? It's something to make progress on)

- Void Key alerts (they're not terribly hard to get from Defense now, and Alerts could use more filler)

- Expanding Assassination alerts to include ALL bosses (seriously... why is a Toxic Ancient an assassination target?)

Anything to add more diversity to alerts would be good, I feel. Note that I consider the rarity of potatoes, Vauban parts, etc. a separate issue. This is just addressing alerts in general.

Edited by TehLaggy

Why not use all 3 slots on an alert? There's usually Credits | ? | Blank. With the plethora of items available, why not categorize them and have an alert pull two random items from those categories (Weapons, Warframes, Warframe Parts, Secondary Helmets, Artifacts, Special items [i.e. Forma and T3 keys], etc).

For example:

Assassination: 5400 Credits | Warframe Part BP | Orokin/Forma BP

I think we can all agree that the alert system, while a good incentive to check Twitter and hop in-game on paper, needs work.

First off, I believe there's been confirmation that resource alerts will in fact go in. That's good, and will go a long way in generating more incentive in doing them. But even then, here are some ballpark ideas for additions to alerts.

- REMOVE or REDUCE the prevalence of credit-only alerts (they should be 50% at MOST). I'm counting resource rewards as not credit-only, mind.

- Random BPs for frame parts (i.e. Mag Helmet Blueprint, Nyx Chassis Blueprint, etc. - let casual players who don't want to farm the same boss dozens of times be able to slowly work on their collection, or get that missing part they haven't picked up yet)

- Random Uncommon or Rare mod (completely random per squad, not alert-specific, to be clear)

- More artifacts (and potentially some artifact rebalance; everyone runs Energy Siphon or the occasional Enemy Radar)

- Artifact levels (obtaining the same artifact increases its potency. Wouldn't even mind if that meant everyone's current artifacts got nerfed to below current effects - it would encourage people to run artifact alerts at least multiple times. It could max out as high as 30 times - seriously, why not? It's something to make progress on)

- Void Key alerts (they're not terribly hard to get from Defense now, and Alerts could use more filler)

- Expanding Assassination alerts to include ALL bosses (seriously... why is a Toxic Ancient an assassination target?)

Anything to add more diversity to alerts would be good, I feel. Note that I consider the rarity of potatoes, Vauban parts, etc. a separate issue. This is just addressing alerts in general.

NO MORE VOID KEYS!!!!! If people are really wanting to get the void drops it's EXTREMELY EASY to get groups for void and they'll put forth the effort.

The artifact idea is cool with how they level.  I'd LOVE resource alerts that give a worth while amount of a resource.  I think they should get rid of credit alerts all together.  They have been phased out by void missions.  Random BPs for frame parts is a meh idea... there are just too many warframe parts between all the warframes already and as they add more it would be way too much.  If someone is too dang lazy to farm the boss then they obviously don't want the frame.  Also, the way of platinum is there for the casual.

Sry but I still think alerts should be somewhat short timewise - they are ALERTS after all. Not "here is your free stuff"-mission.

The artifact-thingy would be solved with people simply being able to go into better lobbies before missions. Some steps could also be:

Artifacts doesn't stack - one is enough. (if there ever are lvls. the highest lvl takes priority)

Artifacts are can be chosen in game for people joining - the Z-key shows which artifacts are being used.

If you're joining a mission and another player has the artifact you usually use, another artifact will be chosen from a player selected list:

ie:

1: Energy Siphon (already in game? - move to next)

2: Enemy Radar (already in game? - move to next)

3: Rifle Amp (already in game? - move to next)

4: Rifle Scavanger.

Putting Void keys into alerts wouldn't burst particularly much as of now, since with the updated loot tables if you want to do Void you farm Endless Defense. Adding some keys to alerts isn't goin to have nearly as high an increase in number of void runs a day as the updated tables did.

This on the other hand would decentralize some of the end game a touch away from farming Endless Defense. Even doing that just a little brings me some joy. Not because Defense missions are especially bad, but some variety is appreciated and expanding loot tables on alerts to include keys and even a random Mod of a specific tier would give you that.

I am on the fence about implementing a scaling mechanic on Artifacts as 4 people running Energy Siphon at the moment is quite strong (as is stacked Rifle Amp). I think it may need to be tuned down so low as to be barely noticeable for some artifacts. Maybe if Rank 1 was at current power level (which I think we have to assume or the forums will explode) and you keep ranks low and scale them at a similar cost ratio as mods but on a much lower power increase?