Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Developer Console

punisher186

Are there any plans to implement a developer console?  There have been many times I wanted to execute a cvar but couldn't.  I'd like to:

See FPS

See ping

Be able to "restart" myself (like what happens when you jump off a cliff) in case I get stuck in a spot.

Be able to exit the game on the fly

I bet a lot of people would like to see this implemented.

EDIT:  Updated title

Edited by punisher186

Yeah, from my understanding, Developer controls are something the devs DON'T want the public access to.

Source: Livestream #7

he is just talking about basic functions every other mmo has. Not a big deal

Maybe not the *dev* console, but we should be given some basic access so we can make simple macros like one set of video setting for multiplay, another to turn all the knobs up to 11 when we don't have to worry about ping, equipment/mod sets, strings of chat, non-game breaking things like that. Things we're already doing manually, which we could do much faster and with much fewer frustrating oversights if we had access to a version of the console.

he is just talking about basic functions every other mmo has. Not a big deal

I don't disagree, but them's the breaks. I took it to the devs, that is their response. There are numerous threads that at least ask for an unstuck function like point 3 the OP asks for.

Not a big deal, no. But that's the situation, all the same.

These could just be implemented as chat commands. There's no need for players to have access to the dev console

/fps is in most games as a chat command, or something like /netgraph. Same for /stuck /unstuck /kill /suicide.

This game really needs a way to see your team's ping though. It would help avoiding those players who seem to be trying to play via a wireless signal from china.

Edited by NuxMatrix