The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unable to rank up

DoubleAdvance

Question

Hey, I'm quite new to Warframe and currently I am kinda stuck. I want to rank up to rank 1, but whenever I successfully complete the rank up quest my rank hasn't gone up. I've done it twice and both times nothing happened and I am still unranked. I feel like I'm being dumb and completely missing something but I got no clue.
http://imgur.com/CQzkj7l

7 answers to this question

Ok, first (and I'm not being mean) did you make sure it said test or practice? Each MR test has two options, one to practice and one to test. If you pass the practice, it does not count as completing the test. You actually have to pass it under test.

Second, have you tried logging out and logging back in to see if it updates. Sometimes, it doesn't catch right away and this will fix it. 

I noticed you said quest also, are you talking about the initial quest or the MR test in your start up menu or the Relay? 

24 minutes ago, (PS4)CowboyJeff72 said:

Ok, first (and I'm not being mean) did you make sure it said test or practice? Each MR test has two options, one to practice and one to test. If you pass the practice, it does not count as completing the test. You actually have to pass it under test.

Second, have you tried logging out and logging back in to see if it updates. Sometimes, it doesn't catch right away and this will fix it. 

I noticed you said quest also, are you talking about the initial quest or the MR test in your start up menu or the Relay? 

Just to clarify I went to the menu, and under my name it said "rank up". I clicked it, and jumped into the test. Upon finishing the test, I was met with a mission complete screen, and that was it. After realizing that nothing happened to my rank I logged out and back in with nothing different. When I clicked rank up again it said I need to wait 24 hrs to do the next one.

1 hour ago, DoubleAdvance said:

Just to clarify I went to the menu, and under my name it said "rank up". I clicked it, and jumped into the test. Upon finishing the test, I was met with a mission complete screen, and that was it. After realizing that nothing happened to my rank I logged out and back in with nothing different. When I clicked rank up again it said I need to wait 24 hrs to do the next one.

Ok, copy. Wasn't sure, but that clarifies it. So you used the Rank Up link instead of going to the relay. More than likely it is a connectivity issue as Surreal suggested. To make sure I would go to the Relay and try to take the MR1 test there and see if it allows it. If that still doesn't advance your MR, you may just have to wait for them to get the connectivity resolved.

As a side note here, not finishing the test for now shouldn't hold you back from playing. Any new MR points you get will go towards your total, meaning that it's not wasted. Say you couldn't progress past MR1 for a week, by the time you get credit for it you may have the MR2 and MR3 tests to do.

Hopefully that made sense lol

20 hours ago, (PS4)CowboyJeff72 said:

Ok, copy. Wasn't sure, but that clarifies it. So you used the Rank Up link instead of going to the relay. More than likely it is a connectivity issue as Surreal suggested. To make sure I would go to the Relay and try to take the MR1 test there and see if it allows it. If that still doesn't advance your MR, you may just have to wait for them to get the connectivity resolved.

Thanks a bunch actually going to the place allowed me to properly rank up. Now I can properly play the game!