Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo 2.0.1

Blacque

To players who are too ________  to read large paragraphs the summary of this topic is "The dojo needs a bit more and here is what I think could benefit it,"  There you can move on you incredibly lazy toddlers OH MY GOD I HATE TL:DR SO MUCH- okay okay I'm sorry I'm sorry on to the post, which  is admittedly a repost, but due to the forum overhaul I'm super worried that it'll get swallowed up and become irrelevant.  It was getting some nice feedback, so here goes.

It's me again and boy am I tired of posting this.  This will be the third time that I've made this post.  The first time had a few people interested who wanted to see the changes implemented.  Then the forum changed and I couldn't dredge up the post anymore.  So what I'm going to do is list bit by bit, concisely what changes and adjustments could be offered to the dojo that could make it something more than a stop and drop point.

Clan Donation:

Mod Donation:

Clan donation has a few forms that will benefit the players who are new to the game or interested in exploring more possibilities.  A room or a set of terminals where players can donate their unused, or duplicate mods for the purposes of use by other players.  These mods once within the database cannot be removed but can be rifled through like in a codex.  Their use will be implemented with donation set 2.

Weapon Donation:

Weapon donation does the same thing that Mod Donation does.  A terminal where players can submit weapons that they are no longer using.  Instead of tossing these weapons out for a measly 5k credits these weapons can be set into the dojo within what I would hope to see as a Training Center.

Enhancement Donation:

Each weapon to really show its stuff will require a few odds and ends that can be experimented with.  As such the a bluetato for each weapon would have to be added, a set of forma perhaps, up to six or seven or maybe even one for each slot as donated by the players.  This means that when you explore the possibilities with a weapon you won't have to guess whether it would deserve a potato, or benefit from a few forma stuffings.

Warframe Donation:  I was on the fence about this but then I figured why not.  For players curious about their next frame, why not slip into the simulation with a donated Mag Prime, or even Ash.  Getting a feel for the frame at levels 1-30 might give players a good idea of what kind of frame they want to go after next.  This would also mean that Warframe donation mods would be necessary, auras, goldtatoes, exilus keys.   All things donated for each frame at a time.  Now I suddenly love this idea.... CRAP.

This all leads up to the Training Sector.

Training Sector:

In this Simulation themed environment, much like the Simaris terminal you get access to Simulations that you can try your new modded weapon out on.  It can record information, damage done, etc.  You can adjust the donated mods on your donated weapon, add whatever you want to your load out (provided it was donated to the clan) and then go nuts in a dojo environment that benefits from Simaris' vast endeavors.  Simaris could provide data packs that can be donated to the clan dojo, these Data Packets will act as combatant uploads, so that you get the simulation experience you would need to test out your gear.

Target Practice:  Test your accuracy with your newly adjusted donated gear.   Knowing how it handles, fires against mobile or stationary targets might make or break your next purchase and investment.

Team Training:  Raids take cooperation as does a grand majority of the game.  Codex entries about actual level lay outs and designs could be loaded into the Training Sector.  If you're bad at spy 2.0 you can practice with other tenno in order to streamline your infiltration.  Having trouble with hacking terminals?  You should quit the ga- I mean practice makes perfect!  These training sessions can be used as tests for clan officers to see the progress of new members.  Officers could even set up standards and more difficult themes to run their clan through for goodies!

Hierarchy Access: 

Security rooms within the dojo that only certain members with clearance can access.  It's more for the role playing community and could even act as a discussion, or meeting place for the tenno who are hosting raids, discussing quests, or planning nefarious activities.  Key Cards or implants that register the user to the rooms, could also provide a more limited access to the dojo for newer members at the added benefit of incentive for participation and promotion. 

Tactical Room:  This room is what I think will benefit the dojo in a big way.  I'm discussed a few times Clan Quests and would hope that a tactical room with the officers and leaders on board could donate goodies into a pool, and actually create missions from the dojo that only their clan can run.  Perhaps for new colors, perhaps for a chunk of something needed for research.  Setting up clan specific events I think could greatly benefit participation and give the older generation of tenno a more direct way to instruct, incentivize and help supply the younger generation!

Solar Map Access! and Ships!

It is what it is.  From the liset you can access missions, from the relays you can access missions.  You should be able to access not only clan based missions from the dojo, but also the entire solar map.  Perhaps from a specific room.  This also leads to the idea of the hangar for the Liset and Mantis.  A vast area on the dojo that after construction acts as a relay parking garage.  Hangar sizes would be built upon clan size with the smallest hangar having X number of slots for ships, and Moon Clan's having a veritable space air craft carrier.  From the hangar the liset an be customized with clan specific logos, paint jobs, etc.  When the orbiter is released for us all to enjoy it could also be a fine addition to the hangar area.  Seeing other tenno wandering around polishing their ships would be awesome.  Cephalon Ordis x 20 yammering on about chips in the paint!  On second thought let's move on.  In the hangar access to Archwing testing could be launched. Playing at the idea of a simulation but in free roam mode around the dojo space station.  Access points for archwing in the dojo can be built as necessary.  This outdoor arena would be privy to obstacles and perhaps timed runs for archwing familiarity.  Naturally the donation system could work for archwing alongside the training simulations!

Kubrow Parks!

Putting a Cephalon system in certain gardens can concert it to a Kubrow park where kubrow an run and frollick.  Kubrow paths can be laid down throughout certain halls so that kubrow can navigate them and not necessarily be lost and caught under foot!  Off Limits areas for kubrow could follow the Hierarchy Access system.  Kubrow could be placed within an actual constructed den that could be as small or as large as the players demand.  Obstacle courses and taking them into simulations for play time could be fantastic fun.  Kubrow could benefit from the donation system, with certain kubrow prints being donated, listing of what colors and skins are available, statistical information and a slew of potatoes and forma and mods to help equip proxy kubrow for testing purposes.   Ever want to see if your 6x forma'd Sunika could properly defend your position as Emperor from the tenno you lead should they betray you?  Add your kubrows data packet to the simulation and send in the tenno for a 'test'.  Hue hue hue.

Dojo Construction of course.

Dojo construction needs an overhaul like WHOA.  Taking the dojo down brick by brick, order by order is a very very very bad time.  A self destruct button is very necessary.  Being able to wipe the dojo clean from top to bottom to restart the construction I think would be amazing.  In order to keep this sort of thing from backfiring horribly of course, only certain authorities within the clan would ever have access to this system. 

Tenno Rooms:  Personal instances in which the tenno can cut loose, relax and launch their missions from a place with a hot and a cot.  The Tenno Rooms can scale of course in size depending on the contribution and can be something held off by authorities for the tenno who show loyalty to the dojo and plan to stick around.  You don't get your own room in my house without being part of the family SON!  Ahem...  In this room you have the benefit of displaying your weapons past and present in your own personal gallery.  Taken from the codex these skins are simply marks of your progress and can be shown off in various ways depending on how much an investment wants to play into their room.  Since the room is an instance it can be locked to anyone outside of those permitted by the owner.  Once inside this instance the tenno owner can build a micro home attached to the dojo.  It can have a kubrow pen, a weapons display a channel for system news and feed back like the one in the liset.  It can send mail to players!   You can even make your donations and tithes from this room if you really want.  Colors and shiny and sparkle sparkle!

Ahem

Tenno Togetherness

There needs to be a reason for the dojo to exist and for players to be there!  If you're running missions back to back to back then sure stay in your Liset or Mantis and have a blast.  During times of hanging out, trading and simply helping here and there why not hang in the dojo where you can still access the game, but you can also work toward something.  Set up quests for newer players, donate to help the other players!  Play with kubrow in the various gardens.  Play Hide and seek with your kubrow (PLEASE!) where you can release your kubrow and they have to find you!  Or you run and they try to catch you!  Anything to give the place a bit more life.  I'll over look the fact that I may never see a super Lotus Maid hologram wandering the halls and pointing out how badly I keep the place.  I can deal with that!  However the other changes I would LOVE to see.   The dojo needs love!  For only 99c a day you can help poor, starving dojos everywhere feel wanted, loved and needed!

This is Blacque

And I love this game! Also check out my posts on Kubrow Targeting, Carrier Vacuum and Warframe Synergies.