Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question: Why Would/does Anyone Choose To Reset Their Account?

CatPhoenix

In all honesty and seriousness, I have to ask the public in large out there, why would you reset your accounts?  If you're first starting out and wanted a different start frame, I can see it in that case, but what I hear are many people here, who have had accounts for many months and poof, reset everything to zero again.  Why?

Claiming back bad platinum purchases?  (live and learn?)

Want to go though the fun of playing from the start again?  (make a new account)

Trying to game the system for some items or drops?  (don't be so petty)

Want to play lower level areas with friends?  (make a new account or use only the number of mods that the level calls for)

I just find it crazy that people would reset and lose all their looted or rare items to start over again... is there something I'm truly not seeing here?

Yeah.

You might not be seeing people that joined way, way longer than players these days, who spent a lot of Platinum on things for testing purposes, fully knowing there would be a reset soon. You might also not see the players like me, who had 100% in Warframe. Every weapon, mission, frame, part, blueprint, resources, credits, everything. Not a single aspect of the game not in their posession.

Those people can now reset, getting their Plat back to make more educated purchase decisions, and those players can now reexperience the content from an entirely fresh start. I for one have fun again. :)

Here's why.

Some people don't want to go through the hassle of making a new account and once you make a new account nobody knows thats you unless you tell your friends or broadcast it to the entire world.

Also yes claiming back bad platinum purchases is a very legit reason.

I might, depending if this game improves enough till launch so that I decide to actually play it.

My biggest complaint so far is the warframe and inventory slots being paid and not accessible through f2p.

Don't get me wrong, I will probably buy them with money, but I find the concept should be accessibility through gameplay for the sake of fairness for everyone.

Otherwise I think I will reset and bring some more guys in to play with. My friends refuse to play betas.