Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE PLEASE READ! Rework of Volt!

Valkyrion

The latest Devstream gave me some idea on how volt abilities should be. I don't want to make it too crowded here so DE can read it without being intimidated by letters, So let's get to the point.

(Basically, i just want him to maximize his synergy with his large Energy pool (primed version), but not make it spammy like Saryn.)

1.SHOCK: Remove the electric chain of 5 enemies, it will be integrated into his 4th ability. But instead, have the ability to continuously Zap enemies, Like Emperor palpatine/Darth sidious from star wars. Effectively stunning an enemy with Electric proc without having the hassle to spam the ability. Make the lock-on angle not so wide and more centered on the reticle.

2.SPEED: It's fine, don't change it. But add the ability to reload faster and increase Abilities animation cast speed ! Maybe have the option to toggle 'FOV increasing effect' in the option menu. Shocking speed augment will be removed as it will be integrated into his 4th ability.

3.ELECTRIC SHIELD: Add a new mechanic where if you hold down (or toggle) the ability, You can increase the radius/area of the shield so it can cover more area for your teammates to shoot at. The more you increase its area, the more it drains your energy. Maximum radius/diameter is determined by Power Range. The issue here is that sometimes you need to make 2 or 3 or maybe even 4 Electric shield to effectively cover allies to shoot at enemies. YOU CAN still spam it to increase the damage as it's how it should be.

4.--> RENAMED <-- (ARC SHOCK?): A toggleable ability. What it does is like the Shocking Speed augment, or Vauban's coil, or Amprex. A more usefull CC than Overload without verging on Overpowered. Basically what it does is once you activated this ability, Volt will have a passive AoE around him where a shock of electricity will hit enemies automatically around him randomly. Now the real deal here, is that once the shock has hit an enemy, it will arc into another enemy on an infinite range. It will have a guaranteed Electric proc like shock. IF you aim at a target while Aiming down sight, one of the arc will focused on the target.

How to make 4th ability balance: 1. It is a line of sight ability. 2. The first shock from Volt will have a radius, maybe around 20 or 25m (Can be increased with Power Range mods). 3. Have a hard capped number of enemies that can be shocked (similar to Ash's bladestorm), I think the sweet spot will be 15 enemies. Can be increased with Power strength mods, 200% strength will shock 30 enemies (of course the damage is increased too, per arc). 4. Its not a continuous shock, It's just his former first ability built in on the automatic. The Interval between shock is determined by power duration. The more duration, the more shock per second. 5. As you can see, you must choose between more strength ( More enemies to damage and to electric proc) OR more duration (holding a tight group of enemies on hold for as long as you like.) There's more Damage Per Second with more duration by the way.

--------

Actual balance and values of abilities are of course should be Tested by DE. But the way his abilities works should be like that.
Volt is my number 1 favorite warframe and may be forever will. I have use it in many Mission and i think these changes is for the best of playstyle for volt players.

--------
P.S. notes, English isn't my native language, expect some errors in my grammar. Please give feedback on my rework. No salt please :)

Edited by Valkyrion