Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ingame Advertisement Screen Built-In Game Client

belthagor

I remember a game I played a long time ago had a small advertisement screen built-in the actual game, it was on the top next to your map and did not interfere with gameplay, and it was incredibly successful. I was thinking maybe we should have this in warframe?

It would help fund the game and then things wouldn't be as expensive :D

Edited by belthagor

1. Its ugly

2. It ruins performance for some

3. A single ad will not lower prices in the slightest

for number 3 in the previous game there were several advertisements, it was the size of a forum signature and not in the center, so it did not interfere with gameplay

The picture posted above should give a good enough reason as to why we should not have ads.

Not even if it's just words that scroll in a very designated spot, and even then if that was implemented, it's not very good advertising.

Sorry everyone is just flat-out declining, but you have to understand it's not meant for this game.

I think if it helped DE, then why not? As long as it wasn't something like SgtColonel's example. Maybe it could be in the loading screen or other places that don't interfere with the game itself.

It may help DE, but it also says something about DE as well. PSO2 may do it for their loading screens, but SEGA is SEGA, not DE.

I think if it helped DE, then why not? As long as it wasn't something like SgtColonel's example. Maybe it could be in the loading screen or other places that don't interfere with the game itself.

Steam gives you advertisements each time you close the game for example

Steam gives you advertisements each time you close the game for example

Which is why some friends I know hate Steam. It may be relevant to games, and even to sales for games, but nonetheless it's a popup. I know people who hate anything remotely representing Adware. I can tolerate a daily dose of some ads as I browse (though I use Ad-blocker), but honestly Warframe isn't the place for them.

Edited by Xelorx

Well for anyone asking "Why not have advertising?" first ask yourself why does a game need in-game ads supporting them? It's because they aren't making enough money. This "Why not?" mind set is &#! backwards. We do not need to make the UI ugly.