The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Am I Dedicated Or What?

Wh00pstick

I play on a Dell Inspiron 1545. Some how i can play (barley) i already have 1 maxed out Mag. I probably avg like 3-5 fps when im fighting, and around 5-20 alone in a cave. Thank god for crush, and a over powered rifle. This game is a headache but worth it. I hope i get my gaming rig back :/ but its not looking good. Anyone know any good performance tweaks, Besides gamebooster and windows performance tools.

Hi mate, you have a 300€- worth notebook :P

Only my Graphic card is around your computer price, and still get a FPS drop on void.

So, my suggestion would be; play in the fridge or if you live in a cold place, get some snow and put it onto your computer.

I'd suggest to overclock your GPU but that computer doesn't have a dedicated one...

Yes, you can improve performance by cooling CPU or the whole computer.

I had a laptop with 250MB GPU and everytime i was playing it's 70-90ºC, at the start it's 40-60ºC and you can play "good" but in a few minutes everything turns laggy. I opened, literally, some holes in order to give the little fan some fresh air. [EDIT] Actualy it worked, and the temperature decreased to 65-75ºC.

-> OPEN HOLES EVERYWHERE (0€) and/or if you can, buy a Notebook external fan, like a table with fans (5-20€).

Ebay rulez - http://www.ebay.es/itm/VENTILADOR-PORTATIL-REFRIGERADOR-3-VENTILADORES-PORTATIL-PC-BASE-VENTILADOR-USB-/321111304908?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item4ac3b9aacc#ht_1790wt_906

Edited by maral04

1. Update all your drivers.

2. Turn off all those updaters. (Flash, Java, Microsoft Update,and your antivirus tend to be the big ones)

3. Use 32 bit mode

4. Change your power plan to "High Performance"

5. Pull out your battery. (It makes your laptop heat up faster)

6. Put your graphics card on the "highest setting" so like no power saving options.

I could probably list more but that should help.