Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Little Something For Those That Forma?

General-Griffin

I was playing a game back called RoseOn which it's self was a childish mmorpg that I gave a go during it's beta period but there was always something I liked about Rose and that was the upgrade system.

It didn't matter what armor weapon or extras you had you could refine them and as you refined they they started to glow and get a little stronger. It means really high level players could get low level gear and make it as powerful as the top level gear if they had the time and patience (more so the huge amount of resources that roseon asked for in return for it) a lot like forma in some ways but not in others. 

All forma does it adds the polarity slot which if you run out of points is fine and I know this sounds weird but I'd kind of like people to be able to tell that I used forma on my weapon or my frame. I don't think it would take much maybe just the energy spots on the weapon could glow a little more and leave a bit more of a trail when fired or swung. Even my rank could be on my shoulder in a glowing logo (dynamic to fit each persons level) which glows a little more on the suit when formad. 

Just something so you don't judge peoples level or how long they have played by the look of there weapons, frame and power use. You could see people using that stuff and think yea he's got the equipment but he looks bland then as soon as someone comes in that's been playing for a while you can spot the difference right away. You know the feeling I mean like in MMO's when you first go to a city and see the high levels with equipment you don't think your ever going to acquire.

I suppose it would mean giving the people that got the equipment something higher to be with not too much extra work.

Edited by General-Griffin

I believe the devs have stated they're planning to look at maybe having Forma'd items and weapons have some sort of visual distinction from the baseline version. It was mentioned in one of the recent livestream Q&A sessions, if I remember rightly.

adding gold or extra parts to the suit would be a great addition. Even if your not doing it for the polarity slots imagine if people used forma up to level 30 on a frame. Glowing like S#&$, gold stuff all over it, strange aura and smoke coming out of his eyes which also glow.....You'd feel so safe in a defence with that guy wouldn't you?

Another funny thing I forgot to mention about Roseon is the effect that upgrading equipment had on a the trade system. I'll never forget being paid a mill for clothes you get as a beginner as it became the done thing by people with more time, money and sense to upgrade the "visitor" clothing until it was better than most high level armor. 

It was funny watching loads of people running about in newb armor that was glowing like the sun with weapons that dwarfed them in that armor