Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Reload While Weapon Swapped

Ozmodeous

The title said it all. Sanctum 2 implemented a very nice feature where as either your primary or secondary weapon would automatically reload while you were switched to an alternative weapon. Even if this feature is not "needed" in Warframe, I do feel it would encourage a more robust use of our many potential weapon load-outs.

I just want quicker weapon switching, related to your primary reload speed, so that it is always quicker.

Auto reloading sounds a bit pants in my opinion, i like having to reload and change weapons when in the sh*t

I'd rather see instantaneous primary/sidearm weapon switch instead. It sort of defeats the point of having a sidearm if switching to it takes as long as reloading your primary/closing the distance/doing whatever it is that should logically cause you to switch to your sidearm. I never ever see people switching between primary/secondary unless they run out of ammo.

We can already use our melee weapon instantaneously, and our melee weapon is on our back and not on our hip just under our hands like the sidearm. Besides, in real life you don't even have to let go of your primary to use your sidearm, you can just let go with one hand, reach for your sidearm and aim it along the barrel of your primary until you're in the position to reload. I feel an instantaneous switch is a decent game-world approximation of that.

I don't think it'd break the game or anything. It'd basically allow you to combine the clip size of your primary and your secondary before you need to reload, which means more time spent in action and less time spent in cover. It'd also allow you to change your engagement range on the fly and add more tactic to the game. As a result it would promote balanced investment in both your primary and secondary rather than just focusing on making one OP weapon.

Edited by Winterbraid

Not fond of the idea of autoreloading, to be honest. Takes some of the challenge (what little it adds) out of combat, and can potentially be abused but circumventing reload times. Like the Gorgon, for example. Nobody would reload it, they would just switch to secondary, then back to primary.

Also not too fond of the idea of it being a mod, but that's because I would never use it. It would be yet another useless mod to me, and I know it would be that way with a lot of other people who would rather have defensive and speed mods instead.