Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion On How To Make Raid-The-Artifact And Take-A-Prisoner Missions More Interesting.

Fleischkloppa

Okay, so i was playing some raid missions today, until I realised something; These missions could actually be used to enforce some more teamwork and tactic.

So, when you pick up the artifact in a raid mission or pick up that guy in imprison missions, you start to glow red, and I was thinking :" Wouldn´t it be cool if this red glow actually had an effect?"

I was thinking positive and/or negative effects, for example picking up an orokin artifact could halve or even totally suppress your shield(bearing the powerful orokin technology overloads your shield, for example), making it vital to protect the bearer.In exchange it could possibly boost the strength of your abilities by a percentage(Or not).

Same thing for the Prisoner; When you take him into your warframe, it might need so much energy your shield won´t have enough to load or something.

Obiously these are just some ideas thrown into the room, but I would like to hear what you guys think about generally adding something in this fashion to those missions; I personally think that it could be a very nice way to polish those type of missions and make them far more interesting.

I think a lack of shields would be bad considering without trinity health pickups are at 25-50 apiece and in later games grineer can put out 200 health in 5 seconds.

But targets focused on the individual would be nice.

Untill you realize most people that get the artifact are rushers and will outspeed enemies either way.

The idea is good, but either the side-effects would have to be removed in solo play or solo players would get royally screwed over. It's annoying enough to run rescue or spy solo (especially if they magically pop up as a secondary objective in a non-annoying mission), I don't think we need two more solo-unfriendly mission types. And I think having exclusive solo-only and multi-only features is pretty silly - and given the example of Nervos, I'd risk a guess that DE thinks so too.

Untill you realize most people that get the artifact are rushers and will outspeed enemies either way.

Well, with shields halved or totally gone people would realize rushing is not the best option for them.

Also, if you are with 4 people and get a positive effect like strength increase of your abilities, having no or halved shields would not be that bad - it would encourage teamwork and protecting the player with the artifact/prisoner.

I have to admit I didn´t think about the solo players.To solve that, maybe the effects could scale with the playercount - which would unscrew soloers :P

Another thing is making sure that the person who has the artifact gets to extraction.

I have noticed that anyone can start the extraction countdown, which makes no sense, as people are extracting without the Orokin Artifact you were sent to get.

Of course, in the event of a host migration or the person with the artifact bailing, they would need to drop the Orokin Artifact on the ground and set a marker for the remaining squad members to retrieve and continue to extraction.

In the event of a double Orokin Artifact mission, make it so the same person cannot grab both objectives.

I agree with Hayden11121, that a shield inhibitor would be a bad idea.